Old Kogure Plastic Model From The Big Kitahara Book

plasticaugie

Here is a pic of a kit I just found that I think is fitting: Roboboat

This kit is amazing did you actually find the kit or just the pic?

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• plasticaugie

• tinluver2

• robothut

• dratomic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think most model collectors say that BUILDING the kit destroys it's value. To a certain extent, I agree with them -- I'd rather buy an unbuilt one than a built one. HOWEVER, that's because *I* want to build it! These are the only toys where I'd WANT to destroy their mint in box status.

So I'd say painting them isn't any worse than building them. It's about what you like. Personally, I think they're much better as cool toys than as unbuilt models, financial value be damned.

I sort of like the unpainted look... Depends on how many decals are supplied, and whether or not the toys are molded in multiple colors. That alone can provide enough details. Some of the toys need some more work though to bring out their charm. It's all about the particular piece.

That Super boy looks great. I agree, I'd rather build it than leave in box.

I am torn about how much to paint it. I guess I'd try to make it look as close to the box art as possible. But, the natural look has something going for it also.

A side note, I found one of those 60's robot books through a contact in Japan. I'm looking forward to seeing all the goodies inside :P

Tinluver: I found the kit for sale. However its 4 1/2" long when assembled. I had some issues with the price and what you got. dunno, still chewing on it.

That Super boy looks great. I agree, I'd rather build it than leave in box.

I am torn about how much to paint it. I guess I'd try to make it look as close to the box art as possible. But, the natural look has something going for it also.

A side note, I found one of those 60's robot books through a contact in Japan. I'm looking forward to seeing all the goodies inside :P

Tinluver: I found the kit for sale. However its 4 1/2" long when assembled. I had some issues with the price and what you got. dunno, still chewing on it.

If you stop chewing shoot me an email, I would love this kit Thanks LRM1966@aol.com

• 2 weeks later...

found some more pictures from that new book. It says there are only 5000 in print,100 pages, Hardback.

The last 2 photos are from a different book.

SMKM_20_0_.jpg

SMKM_20_1_.jpg

SMKM_20_2_.jpg

SMKM_20_3_.jpg

SMKM_20_4_.jpg

SMKM_20_5_.jpg

SMKM_20_6_.jpg

0231_3.jpg

SMKM_20_7_.jpg

SMKM_20_8_.jpg

0231_2.jpg

SMKM_20_9_.jpg

hamsampiano_img600x450_1219455063zmm43u90366.jpg

hamsampiano_img600x450_121945506268kotj90366.jpg

post-27-1221096276.jpg

post-27-1221096291.jpg

post-27-1221096305.jpg

post-27-1221096318.jpg

post-27-1221096338.jpg

post-27-1221096351.jpg

post-27-1221096362.jpg

post-27-1221096397.jpg

post-27-1221096410.jpg

post-27-1221096438.jpg

post-27-1221096501.jpg

post-27-1221096512.jpg

post-27-1221096642.jpg

post-27-1221096654.jpg

In the third pic that SH Mike has posted take a look at the original Tetsujin-28 box art work. This is from the first robot kit that Imai produced and is totally different from the art used on other T-28 that came later.

plasticaugie said:
In the third pic that SH Mike has posted take a look at the original Tetsujin-28 box art work. This is from the first robot kit that Imai produced and is totally different from the art used on other T-28 that came later.

And where did the last two pics come from? What kind of game are you playing Mr. SH Mike?

After Finally getting the Japanese Robot Model book from EBAY at a HIGH PRICE ($101.00 with shipping) I finally

found out where you can get it cheaper.

When Plasticaugie and Dr. Atomic first talked about this book, I asked Mr. Augie what the ISBN number was.

He told me it did not have one because it was printed in Japan. I told him that ALL books in print should have

that number somewhere. He said it did not.

After opening the envelope, I looked at the back of the Slipcase that the book comes in.

And guess what I see ? ? ? ? ISBN (9784990429409) right on the back of the slipcase next to TWO LARGE UPC CODES !!!!!

Here is the first site I found (translated),

http://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/switch-language...anguage=en%5FJP

It looks like it's 4762 yen which is about $50.00

I have never bought from Amazon Japan. Amazon US does not recognize the number.

Thank you Mr Plasticaugie for your $51.00 worth of help.

It is a great book too.

Hey Mike don't feel too bad, I just ordered the book through Amazon Japan (thanks for the link) and it came to $75 US and the estimated arrival is October 10th.