Old Kogure Plastic Model From The Big Kitahara Book

plasticaugie

dratomic said:
However, there was some added pleasure in putting it together myself... though that could also be the fumes from the glue talking... 😉

You did a great job on the water decal. I thought this one would have the little shotaro as the control. The smell of testors cement brings back so many memories, it adds to feel and soul of these things for sure.

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• plasticaugie

• tinluver2

• robothut

• dratomic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Plasticaugie -- No, they didn't use Shotaro as the control ("Raise his arm, watch the robot go," or whatever it's supposed to be...). HOWEVER, the model does in fact come with him... I just didn't bother to put him together. The robot looks nice unpainted, but Shotaro doesn't and I don't have any paints right now. So for the moment, he lives -- in pieces -- in the box. Thanks for the compliment re: the water decal... that's the part that always freaks me out the most. 😉

John -- The model is made by Imai, and it's No. 11 in their current Comic Character Series. I bought mine at Toy Tokyo here in New York. It was crammed in on a back shelf -- they didn't even realize they had it until I asked to take a look. Sometimes these things pop up on Yahoo Japan, though more often you see the non-remote versions. I've yet to see this exact version on eBay, but to be honest, I haven't looked very hard until recently. I suspect it's not THAT hard to track down since I don't think it's particularly old. There were other colors made, but I'm not sure which ones featured the remote. Hope that helps...

Excellent job Brian, sweet piece too!

John - love the robots in the post with the caption about the boxes being better than the robots and that N robot is to die for!!!

Plasticaugie -- I COMPLETELY forgot to mention that I love the way your white T-28 came out. I generally like to leave these models unpainted (though I'm not sure why), but the silver detailing really helps give the toy some definition and pop. In theory, I've got one of those coming my way... Now I'm reconsidering whether or not to leave it bare. Great job.

That Imai catalog page is an excellent find John!

I'll go ahead and add it to the timeline forum.

The only questoion is what is the name of the T-28 type robot on the right?

I guess we would have to win the ebay aution to get more info like name of robots or item numbers. I don't dare post a ebay link here but I be some one could search based on the discription I posted and find it then buy it and then share the info with us all.

I guess we would have to win the ebay aution to get more info like name of robots or item numbers. I don't dare post a ebay link here but I be some one could search based on the discription I posted and find it then buy it and then share the info with us all.

The auction in question is a buy it now, so it's first come first serve, either you want it or you don't, so the whole thing about being polite to someone who is interested in bidding is moot in my opinion. Besides, the ad is in German. I'll just go ahead and add it to the timeline for the other two robots.

Some really incredible items on this thread. Yes John the box art for many of these kits is far greater than the kit themselves. Very sweet pick-up Brian - I have to look closer at everything in Toy Tokyo now - letely I've been concentrating on there variety of Batmobiles. John the ad that you found is wonderful.

I'm really glad that Plasticaugie started this thread, and that it's managed to stay on-topic and focused. It's been a great repository for what little we seem to know about these toys (or, at least, what little I seem to know...) and it's nice that it's so easy to find and sift through.

Yeah, Steve, I lucked out with the T-28. It was just buried in a shelf full of random character toys. I only found it because Karl pointed out another model robot -- Mach Baron, which I bought (doesn't walk, but shoots his fists!) -- and that inspired me to give everything in the case a closer look. I also bought on eBay Johnny Socko's Giant Robot. (See Plasticaugie's pic somewhere in this thread.)

I've since picked up online a white T-28 (like the one Plasticaugie posted), a modern V-3 (ditto) and, most recently, an actual vintage robot. I'll keep that one under my hat until it arrives. I'm still waiting for the others to show up, as well. Any day now... *readies the model glue in anticipation*

...Now I just need to find a place to display 'em all...

I'm really glad that Plasticaugie started this thread, and that it's managed to stay on-topic and focused. It's been a great repository for what little we seem to know about these toys (or, at least, what little I seem to know...) and it's nice that it's so easy to find and sift through.

Hey, in all honesty this thread would have died a long time ago without Doc's contributions. I know guys like SH Mike have a few kits could chime in now, hint hint.

As far as the trade ad, there have been similar Imai 1967 ads showing Captain Patrol so that is not new, the T-28 was in production long befor the other two bots, the Space Patrol robot however may be a new trade ad sighting. The Showa book that Brian found will have the dates we need once translated, but let's start with the dates I am pretty firm on. The Thunder Boy (large robot commando kit) should be 1964, and I would say given the box art and the fact that it comes before the robot series numbers, the black T-28 pinwalker is 1963. I think Manmos King is 1964 too, but like I said the book needs to be translated to be sure.

Here is a Bandai robot that ended recently on Yahoo Japan. It is a color variation/reissue of the Imai Patrol robot. I would have loved to get this robot.

post-191-1219370640.jpg

post-191-1219370669.jpgsawarubi_img600x400_1218932457ews3t255934.jpg

sawarubi_img600x400_1218932457hekj5h55934.jpg

Glad you could grab the photos, Plasticaugie. I was worried they'd disappeared and I didn't have a chance at the time to double check.

I didn't love it at first, but it's since grown on me a lot. Oh well. Maybe next time... ha. Whenever that is...