• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• plasticaugie

• tinluver2

• robothut

• dratomic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

While in Japan again I could add the following model kits to my modest model kit collection.

These kits are extremely hard to locate complete or for reasonable prices- even or especially in Japan.

Unfortunately the Kit of Calcula Robot is missing the box top and some small parts but the price was unbeatable and hopefully I can find a box with some parts for it one day.

The box art itself is sometimes more nice than the kit itself- another reason to keep at least some of them unbuilt.

So far I could not manage to build even one of the more common ones.

A5373CD9-C97C-467E-8B91-89A58A52CE30.jpeg

0E1AED78-927E-4B87-8B23-7C7B857FB611.jpeg

0FAEDC84-7388-485A-B987-A65744771574.jpeg

C558F3E2-EE53-47F3-BBB8-9457A31CC277.jpeg

• 1 year later...
On ‎1‎/‎16‎/‎2016 at 12:43 PM, gernot said:

here you go .... just received it in Japan today - after looking and waiting for it since ....ages!

The Manmos King (Mammoth King)

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

This would make an awesome 3D robot-I love the red light that goes from one eye to the other via the gear drive-apparently these old kits are very rare--I have never seen one except for here on Alphadrome. Kind of like a Mr. Flash with more action-the eyes and the rotating antenna are super cool -I wonder if it could be done........

On ‎6‎/‎6‎/‎2011 at 11:05 AM, plasticaugie said:

You learn something new everyday guys, Manmos is supposed to be Mammoth.

Unlike the earlier video that I posted from akasikogorou this one is the real deal. You can clearly see that this robot is far and away a better toy than Mr. Flash. 

This video of the robot walking is fantastic! I wonder what these kits go for nowadays---never have seen one for sale on ebay etc...A 3D printed version would be incredible:thumbs:

I have a reissue of the Imai V3 that I think is from the 90s-its a pin walker with the batteries in the feet and light up eyes--I got it on ebay awhile ago I see the reissues of that kit and there are 2 Gigantor kit reissues for sale there now-But that Manmos King is light years cooler than the V3 and Gigantor kits IMHO--I know what you mean about the Aurora kits Brian-Awhile ago I bought a reissue of the Tyrannosaurus kit(I had an original when I was a little kid and its like recapturing a little part of my childhood to have it)

Gilbert sent me the following interesting kit images with related dates

1964 imai

V3, thunder, aqstroboy w remote, patrol, captain patrol

imai_1964.jpg

1964 midori

Manmos, tetsuwan boy

midori_1964b.jpg

1965 imai

T28, patrol, thunder

imay1965b.jpg

1965 midori

Cobalt3, ..