Old Kogure Plastic Model From The Big Kitahara Book

plasticaugie

I'm properly curious,

Is the chest plate accidentally molded upside down on this toy or has it accidentally been assembled this way. Certainly the box photo shows it rightside up.

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• plasticaugie

• tinluver2

• robothut

• dratomic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

will robinson said:
I'm properly curious,

Is the chest plate accidentally molded upside down on this toy or has it accidentally been assembled this way. Certainly the box photo shows it rightside up.

I think this is a case of the toy/model companies screwing up the little details. Here is a pic of all the parts laid out during restoration. The body halves appear to be two complete pieces.

And lastly here is the model garage in the video I posted earlier.

m_fridy_n012.jpg

img_1380620_57066428_1.jpg

post-191-1235434888.jpg

post-191-1235760125.jpg

I think this is a case of the toy/model companies screwing up the little details. Here is a pic of all the parts laid out during restoration. The body halves appear to be two complete pieces.

Hi Plastiaugie,

Do you have any idea of the size of this toy? The things in the background of the photo are not identifyable by USA standards.

will robinson said:
Hi Plastiaugie,

Do you have any idea of the size of this toy? The things in the background of the photo are not identifyable by USA standards.

The battery remote is probably c-cell so this should give you a better idea. It probably is about 7" tall.

Here is a great video of Captain Patrol. Our Japanese Youtube pal has created a radio controlled version!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JyjCvJphG0A&NR=1

The batteries seem a little too powerful and the robot falls over, unbelievable.

Great Video.If I had a $3K plastic robot I would have a pillow under it by the time it hit the ground! You don't exactly get those antenneas at the 5 and 10 store.

• 1 month later...
plasticaugie said:
I don't think it is the same robot, and it is displaying four lights.

"THERE ... ARE ... FOUR ... LIGHTS !

post-130-1241051287.jpg

( sorry PA, I couldn't help myself 😄 )

"THERE ... ARE ... FOUR ... LIGHTS !

post-130-1241051287.jpg

( sorry PA, I couldn't help myself :D )

:lol:

I don't know what to make of this next video, I recognize the boxes from the the lost plastic models book but from the intro I felt like I was on acid. These are some really bizarre robots and I think the music was used as the PGA theme music in 1975.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JGJck4Nlj6Q...re=channel_page

plasticaugie said:
That's it Gernot, Man you are the best!

The only pic of the box I had of Manmos King was the Morita book and I always thought that the Dr. Aizawa pic had a few of these robots on the shelves.

Can you post the entire Dr. Aizawa pic?

Here is a lot of robots that Ray Rohr had for sale years ago, here you can see the Manmos King box and the unbuilt kit. Thanks Steve.

Can anyone tell me about the issue dates of the Walkman 1 and 2 robots from Rays lot compared to robot kits like Tiger or Wonder Robo.I'm thinking the Walkman kits are a bit later reissue but not sure. Very hard to get close dating on these kits. THANKS

That's it Gernot, Man you are the best!

The only pic of the box I had of Manmos King was the Morita book and I always thought that the Dr. Aizawa pic had a few of these robots on the shelves.

Can you post the entire Dr. Aizawa pic?

Here is a lot of robots that Ray Rohr had for sale years ago, here you can see the Manmos King box and the unbuilt kit. Thanks Steve.

**From these Kits in Rays lot can anyone tell me what you think the issue date of the Walkman 1 & 2 robot kits are in relation to kits like Tiger Robot and Wonder Robo? I think they were a later reissue but not sure. Thanks

Kogure robots...I'm rendered breathless whenever that topic is discussed. The most gorgeous retro-style robots ever available in kit form, and, unfortunately, rarer than hen's teeth now. I have only found two examples of the kits on Ebay in over 8 years. However, I did not come to sob on your shoulders, I come bearing good news for Kogure fans...there was a book published in Japan of these and other classic era robot models, replete with great photos of each one in the box and built-up, complete with original box artwork, drawings, brlueprints it's heaven, I tell you! It's all enclosed in a beautiful hard bound, slip-cased book that I purchased...where else? On Ebay of course! The only drawback is, of course, it's all in Japanese, but who reads words anyway? The book originally sold for 5,000 Yen, the ISBN is 978-4-9904294-0-9. I'm afraid I can't help beyond that, but I have included a few shots to whet your appetite...enjoy!

post-656-1241766495.jpg

post-656-1241766512.jpg

post-656-1241766527.jpg60__s_robots_cover.jpg

60__s_Robots_2.jpg

60__s_Robots_3.jpg

60__s_Robots_4.jpg

Back_cover.jpg

post-656-1241766543.jpg

post-656-1241766561.jpg