Mr. Hustler

Fineas J. Whoopie

I have been doing searches for info on Horikawa's Mr. Hustler and there really isn't much at all out there on this guy. One photo (guy antiques), and a picture from a toy catalog. Thats about it (besides Alphadrome's timeline, of course).

The catalog page is at www.toyzine.com, and they say that the robot is named after the disco song "the hustle". I find that highly improbable since the song came out years after the robot did.

Any comments, lore, facts or myths about him as well as opinions as to market value would be much apreciated.

Ah, yes, Mr Hustler! So sorry I sold mine, and have not seem him again. Maybe he'll get repro'd.

Two versions that I know of, Human face, and perforated screen face, like Super Giant Astronaut.

Has two speeds! Walks along at a fair pace, shoulders flapping in and out, psychedelic lights on chest spinning.

Then he gets a hair up his azz, and takes off twice as fast, like he is in a big fkkng rush!

Classic type-A personality!

Well you saw one in the robot hut when you were here and its on my web site alos you can down load a MPG video of it operating in the down load section of the Robot hut web site. Very cool robot , love the chest design and mechanical operation.

John-

This is another example of the effect my visit to the robot hut has had on me. Seeing yours in person put Mr. hustler at the top of my list. Just picked one up and am waiting for delivery now. So I'm kind of wondering just how rare he really is.

You also told me that before the box was found, there was another nickname for him, What was that? I forgot.

You should have asked when you visited to have me run the bot for you, I love watching it operate., Some of the collectors called it STRUTTER robot, I think I have seen other names in print some where also .

Archived