Hello

Paul K

Collector's of robot's, thought I should introduce myself , as I’ve been watching you chat for a while, don’t want to be rude.

I've been collecting Tin/ Plastic battery/ wind-up robots for about 4/5 years, made a few mistakes but learning a little each day. My collection includes Horikawa, Attacking Martian types, most with boxes and most in nice condition. Had a small plastic/tin Attcking Martian when I was a kid, loved it then but somewhere along the line I lost him, think when I moved out of Home (Mother).

I live in the UK, so hello to any other brits out there.

I’m finding it very hard too find good robots over here, any robot’s I find are always over priced for the condition , so most of my collect has come from ebay. If I could find another place to buy, I would go but it’s hard traveling up and down the place going too toy fairs to find nothing. I love getting parcel's through the post but I always feel a little cheated when something is wrong but I'm quite forgiving when I look into those fly like eyes.

I also have some Dr Who Related toy's (denys Fisher) and some new toy’s (remote controlled Dalek).

Have you seen the new Product Enterprise Codeg Dalek tin wind-up repro? If not, have a look at www.productenterprise.com

I have a passion for Old Horror movies, Universal, Hammer, Amicus. Vincent Price, Peter Cushing, Chris Lee. Thank God For DVD

So that's me.

but I do have a question too ask!.. If I may.

Does any body know any thing about this friction Driven Tin Robot sold on e-bay. I asked the seller if there was any mark's on him but nothing.

What’s the name?, where's it made?. Is it Rare? Where can I get one?

Regards To All

post-2-1060195582_thumb.jpg

Welcome Paul K.

This is Rusher Robot by Horikawa. With the mixture of tin and plastic, I would think this robot dates from the 1970's. It can either walk on it's feet or roll on it's chest wheels. Perhaps this fast method of mobility helped determine it's name. When scooting on the chest wheels it can "rush" quite quickly across the floor.

welcome on board paul.

i'm a brit that has been stationed in asia for the last 20 years...singapore to be exact.

and there's no bots to be found out here either!

same old story, overpriced rusty corpses...still, the fun is in the search, and i have a good time looking.

Hi Paul, well Joe beat me to it. But I do have one on page 17 of the robothut collection second shelf first bot on the right. I do not have a box so can not offer any new info, I too have been told it dates from the 1970's.

Greetings Paul.

Sotheby's Grifith auction catalog has a rusher with box on page 82 (I would post a picture, but I am without a digital camera).

The auction listing reads as follows - "in operation the robot chest consisting of two wheels is rolled on the ground, causing the robot's legs to move for walking action". I guess you rev 'em up on the ground with the big wheels, and then set him down on his feet to walk! That sounds like a fun little robot to me.

Thanks for the welcome,

Thought it might be a Horikawa but when the chap said there was no MADE IN or maker marks it surprised me.

Maybe there’s the sh mark on the box?

There's a toy fair round the corner on Saturday, maybe I might find one but I doubt it, wish me luck. I'll keep ya posted. Thanks for the info.

The "SH in a diamond" logo is clearly visible on the box in the photo from the Sotheby's/Griffith catalog photo, as Fineas J. has mentioned. This is the English language version box. The Japanese version is pictured in Morita's book on page 87. Same artwork. The Horikawa logo is there also.

Trivia Question:

Name two other robots that can either walk or chest wheel. Here's a hint. They, too, were made by Horikawa and they're b/o.

There are 2 sky robots the old yellow one and the blue onew that was sold as NEW Sky Robot. you can see them on page 14 of the robothut second shelf center.

Archived