Dropping In Value

funkrobotik

:P On the subject of dropping values I've just bought this Spaceman for £400 ($650). Cleaned up, it has made a fantastic robot , it looks almost new.The thing is ,not one other bid came in against me on what I would call a relatively rare robot. Now look at item 3134135943 ebay. can you make sense out of that.

I think it just boils down to who wants what that week, the old supply and demand senario, ( if thats how you spell it)

Must get Brian to put a spell checker on this site!!

post-2-1055366819.jpg

I wonder if presentation helps. This seller has lots of pictures, descriptions, etc. Never underestimate the power of marketing...

I think that presentation absolutely has an impact on the success of an auction. A seller who offers a very nice robot and shows it from all angles is going to get more for it than if he only showed one picture every time (in my opinion).

But my thinking is, this can also work in favor of the bidder if the same nice robot is under photographed, but well described.

I've been very happy with deals I have gotten from listings that had only one or two, or maybe murky or substandard photos, but the description provided solid statements such as "no rust or dings" or "very clean battery box" etc.

Archived