Robot 2t2 From Captain Cosmic

SpaceBoy67

Ok, so a little trip down memory lane for me this morning...I used to watch a local TV show in California called Captain Cosmic. They showed Japanese sci-fi shows like Ultraman and Space Giants. Well, the show was incredibly cheesy (but of course I didn't realize that at the time), and featured a nice robot called 2T2. I'm going to try to include a picture, but in case it doesn't work, here's a link to a website: http://www.bobwilkins.tv/captaincosmic.htm

Does anyone else remember this robot?

robot2t2.jpeg

I used to watch Creature Features on channel 2. Bob Wilkins was hilarious! He would run these reallly bad horror films and apologize before hand how bad it was going to be. Then during breaks he would do this really funny analysis of some of the movies' more pitiful scenes. i learned to love B movies because of Bob Wilkins. He had this really deadpan, dry delivery and his sarcastic, cigar chomping critique on the "movie de jour" was always more entertaining than the movie itself. It was kind of an early version of MS2K. Any idea what he is doing these days?

Thanks for my walk down memory lane. :D

Captain Cosmic must have been a hoot !!!

Up north we had The Ghoul, who also played B-movies as

well as Japanese stuff. The Ghoul's claim to fame was his

undless torture of a rubber frog, named Froggy. Each week

the Ghoul would either, mutilate, disembowel, light on fire

or detonate Froggy with high explosives. My brother and I

learned everything we know about demolition from this

demented late nite maniac. I certainly miss the good old

days of TV, you just can't blowup rubber animals on TV

anymore... :blink:

www.theghoul.com

DzlItem32.JPG

In the early 1960s, we had a little local show called "Cadet Don," hosted by a singing spaceman in a flight suit, teamed with a sock puppet "alien" named Seymour... Featured cartoons, NASA training films, musical interludes, "famous" guests, et cetera... It was a hoot. I was really surprised to find out "Cadet Don" is still alive, and the TV station has dedicated part of their modern website to Cadet Don nostalgia...

Check out Cadet Don

post-2-1053917354_thumb.jpg

Archived