Repro Space Giant

Papatoad

Lot 2 1950's Vintage Japanese Tin Toy Robots

Item # 3131299332

I was looking at this, seeing the opportunity to snap up a super giant. But I was curious if it was the early or later version. Any ideas? Thanx

Well it certainly pays to check in with alphadrome on a daily basis.

I am the current high bidder on this lot and had no such suspicions.

Although I still like it, This is a very good thing to know before the Final seconds.

Thanks guys!

Not to contradict the robotnut but I think this is the original. In the e-bay photo you can see were the top has rotated a bit to expose the seperation of the top and bottom. Have you contacted the seller to varify this question? Please forgive the stolen e-bay photo. Plus I find it hard to beleive that a collector ( Metal House is for collectors) ) would pay up to $500 for one of these then proceed to bash in the shoulders and loose the battery cover. But stiill ASK questions.

post-2-1053440458_thumb.jpg

Well, I wish you the best Fineas. If I win this one this will be my last purchase for the year. I made a promise with my wife. We sold our house and have a little extra money. She told me to make it a good one. Right now I'm in the process of Carefully wrapping everyone up. You don't know how much stuff you have till you move. Or maybe you do and don't want to admit it.

Thanks for the information guys. Wish me luck ;)

Good save, Mr. Jan, I believe you're right.

I had the opportunity to buy one of these last year in Toronto

but I didn't because it was the 90's repro. The one I passed

on was banged up as well, but this was because it was actually

given to a child as a toy in the 90's. The repro doesn't rotate,

but the original silver one rotates and walks in the oposite

direction. Mr. Jan, does this black version walk in both direction

or only forward ?

Just sold your house?

Hmmmm.........

I guess I better check for

more spare change

between the cushions

of the couch again!

Good luck to you my friend!

Oh, and thanks, mr.Jan!

The silver version that is in my collection does change directions when I can get it to work properly. I do not have the black version as yet. Paptoad good luck on your move and bidding. I on the other hand I have way to much stuff and admit it. He who dies with the most toys still dies. :lol:

I just hope I don't miss the auction. Someone said it right when they said "these robots are in our care for a limited time". Take care guys, we'll see how it goes.

Both the black and the silver origional version have rotating bodys and walk in opposite directions when operating properly. Extra linkage is run down the legs to change the ratchets on the wheels in the feet so that they can do this. An advanced feature of this robot.

Wow, that was a close one! I though it would go for more than it did. Nice try though Fineas. ;)

Archived