A Great Robot & His Robot Picture!

Nikola Tesla

That's Tobor taking an original Robert the Robot for a walk...or is it the other way around?!?

In any event, this is the photo that has caused many a "Tobor The Great" reviewer (who has never actually seen the film) to state that Robert appeared in the movie. I've watched it a few dozen times and he does not!

You're right, Nikola. This was probably taken on the backlot of Republic Pictures as a "gag" photo, or perhaps there was going to be a merchandising tie-in with Ideal and Robert, that never materialized.

Here is a photo that I stole off the net some where. This also helped to further the mith that Robert appeared in the movie.

Sure wish some one would come out with a battery operated toy. TRENDMASTERS ARE YOU LISTENING. I have tried to contact Jakks with no luck. :angry:

post-2-1052625089_thumb.jpg

Both those pictures are in several of my Robot books that I have collected. As I understand it There was to be a toy "tie in" and these were the publisity shots. I don't know if it every happened, seems like they would have put something on the box for Robert the robot.

Archived