Scarce Space Patrol Friction Car

roboz

Yes my robot head turned out alittle larger than I had planed for, still better than the Kitahara robot Head in size and style. Some of the pictures make the origional robot head look tapered and some of Ozzies side shots do not, so not haveing the toy here to work from and knowing that what ever I did it would be different I just made my robot head square. But again this can be changed if it goes into production.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No the project is not posted on my web site. I did not make any molds of the parts, it was a one off for ROBOZ. But come up with another proper car body and it could be done again.

:o WHAT repro the repro before I have a chance to make repro's w/my repro ! That's a danger to repro's everywhere !! It's ..un bElivEablE ...unfathomablE..unconstitutional ..un amERICan ! That's It this is going to the supreme court ..I already called Johnny Cochran & hE said

"if it's a repro you must git ...you must ..uh...quit "
;- ) actually Keith was sort of right..I was snapping all sorts of goodies at griffs...must have 200 pics...there is one bot that I have many details on that would make for an easy repro...but I don't want to start a firestrorm ..just yEt....As for the car ..I searched high & low since that auction for a car to convert..dropped out at 26K on griffs ...It's a tough car to find...since the auction it (just a plain version of the car) was never offered through any auctions like bertoia ...smithouse...etc...Wasn't even sure it existed until I spotted one in kitahara's book...he calls it the "dream car" ichiko ...& the color version in his book was different from the one I found so there must have been a few variations...I will dig up the book it was in & post it later...The car has actually inspired me to do a unique toy which I will email JR about ...this will be something new with no Original version...I need some hints as to any small robots from the waist up that can pilot this toy ( yes it will be a vehicle ) would like to use an original bot ..so think about it & post some ideas..Cheers

Archived