Scarce Space Patrol Friction Car

roboz

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, baby! The closer this thing is to reality, the more I want it---and the Jupiter, too (will you have a bright yellow version?)

;)

mega-dittos. this thing is uniquely its own, and the head is very attractive. E should be safe, and he can feel good knowing that imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. oz, you might have a winner on your hands. for some reason, this piece looks like it is calling for a heavier gauge pressed steel body with tin litho head and details. EDITED ADDENDUM: Also, it looks quite fine and more like a future car without all the "Space Patrol" and stars and stuff....

Keith...Tin gauge is correct....remember this is only a mock up & in production the head will be tin & most details closer to Original

post-2-1056449854_thumb.jpg

OzziE - Major congratulations for a bEautiful job so far on this littlE robot car! REally classy looking. WondErful job!

I realize this may not matter for a mock-up, but isn't the head a little disproportionate? Looks like the original is about 1/3 smaller than the remake. And the rivet count is different. Okay, DON'T YELL AT ME!

I think we all should give "E" a break. He gets worked up because he's very serious about his hobby. I really don't think it's only the possible reduction in the value of his originals that's got him steamed. He spends lots of his time as well as his cash on assembling this stuff. He's devoted! He's obsessed. Who can blame him for feeling a certain way about it. The new repro that brings many of us joy is like a drop of poison on his heart!

Of course no toy would be complete without the ever important box....BTW DK for people in this hobby worried about the mon-E thEy arE in thE wrong Hobb-E ! Once again I use MachEEEn Man as an examplE ...ChEErs <_<

post-2-1056501449_thumb.jpg

Archived