ATC Circus "Robot" Car: I Think Not

Hymie

I've got a bone to pick regarding ATC's so-called (in various wordings) Circus Robot Car. I don't think the driver is -- or ever was -- intended to be a "robot clown." It's pretty clear to me that ATC just used the robot stamping they had and just made a square-headed clown (which otherwise doesn't even resemble a robot). And, of course, the box says nothing about a robot. Am I wrong about this? If I am, please correct me and I will happily resist any further impulse to rant about it. Thanks!

The Circus Car is the one of a beautiful series of Mercedes space cars. That's really all it takes to make it popular.  Besides, the clown has a head bristling with antennas.

I see your point, though.  Where do you draw the line? Ultimately it's a matter of taste.

This is the Weather Forecaster. It's very clearly not a space toy but I guarantee that every serious space toy collector would love to have it in their collection.  Why? Because it just belongs in the category. 

gt20.jpg

The prop flying robot car is my favourite but now when I look at it the robot reminds me of the Chinese wind up version and it puts me off it 😪 Brian's right though would love the weather car. 

I agree wholeheartedly -- and I almost pulled together some resources to buy a nice circus car on offer a little while back. I'd love to have one, robotness questions notwithstanding (it is indeed a gorgeous toy, as is the Weather Car). I just wondered if I was the only one ever to make this observation on the record. As always, thanks for the comments...