IRON JACK the Novel

Sparkrobot

Well guy's it's been a long time since I've posted here and even longer ago since the model building topic some of us got involved with.

For those who can remember I think it was 10 maybe even 11 years ago.

My model was IRON JACK a Victorian steam powered robot that patrolled the streets of Victorian London.

About 18 months ago IRON JACK the Novel got accepted and after many revisions proofreading etc I finally have a publication date.

The 28th November this year.

I will send links of how to obtain the book ( if anyone wants to buy / read it 🤔 ) soon after the publication date.

I will finish by saying it was down to all at Alphadrome at the time that IRON JACK actually became a character that set my imagination racing and lead to me writing the book, so a big thanks to all those past and present that encouraged me at that time.

Thanks Andy

What a long slog it's been. I ended up re writing the whole book during Covid lock down . Anyway it seemed to work as straight after the re write I submitted it to loads of publishers and soon had a few wanting to sign.

Once the book is actually in my hands on the 28th November I'll give an update here.

Funny when I started I don't even remember there being a sci fi sub genre called Steampunk but that will be my target audience 

Thanks Zebedee

You wasn't around here when I was very active on the site. For certain reasons I had to sell my robot collection and I sort of tailed off. It's the best site for robot collecting.👍

Oh no not good, I joined the drome in 2000 under the username mr mercury but got really ill in 05 06 ended up with a double ileostomy and with a stoma bag so stopped collecting until just recently, but your right this is the best site for robot collecting. 

Oh sorry to hear about your health problems.

I actually remember you now as Mr Mercury.

A great site. I will try and get a bit more involved now.

Hey Stephen that is GREAT News ! I'll be up for a copy . Long time coming and all the better. Gave you time to mull it over. Those were great times doing the builds.

Yours was one of the best. All lead if I remember correctly. A lot has changed in the world since those days. But not the Alphadrome. Brian created a wonderful

site to learn ,admire and just hang out. Now Oz has taken the reins and it is much appreciated.  It's been almost 17 yrs since the Dollar/pound store competition. Back when we were young.

Cheers mate I think you will like the book. Elements of steam powered robots, Jack the ripper, mad scientists, freaky characters all woven into a mystery story line. Steampunk before the genre was thought about. With  my wife and kids constant support I never gave up on my dream of getting it published and at long last it's paid off the 28th of November I shall actually be able to hold a copy in my hands.

It will be available online but if I'm allowed here I will share a link showing where physical copies can be purchased. 

I apologise to you I did not use the username mr mercury I think they're still here but I've just remembered it wasn't me I think it's my memory going , mr galaxy was my username..