Whitman giant rodger robot

zebedee

Just arrived in the post this morning was a complete rodger robot from 1961, can't believe its stayed in this condition. I will be building him over the weekend, someone has already tried to put his legs together before otherwise I'd have left it, I will post some pictures when I'm done. Are these common in the UK. 😃

17290750339791370540324944515622.jpg

There is a topic on alphadrome called The last days of Roger the Robot - ROBOT TALK 

Where I show my Rodger the robot that I had as a kid and Later I bought one mint in box unbuilt. I then built it and it is displayed the Robothut to this day. For many years I thought there was a variation of the Rodger robot but turns out I liked the back of the body artwork better so built mine as a kid with the body turned around. 

I show the Rodger the robot many times in some of the walk threw of the Robothut, it sits on a shelf up above the Full size B9 robot I built back the 1990's.

Thanks for the link robothut,  tinplate6 tells a sad story with a happy ending, I've just got some polyurethane satin varnish for it,  did you turn the body the right way round?? I'm also looking forward to seeing it built to Andyman... 😃

Started to build rodger at the weekend but the legs are driving me insane how a child was supposed to have built it without a maths degree is beyond me, I'm afraid of it breaking into pieces so I'll be taking my time,  here's what got done.....

17295361617346116363387421361117.jpg