Is This Actually a HaHa Robot?

Hymie

Found this robot for sale online, and it piqued my curiosity. The description says it's a HaHa robot from the 2000s. I guess the guy knows what he's talking about, but I've never seen this robot before, and this example seems to have a patina and wear that would suggest that it's older. It's actually a pretty cool-looking robot (to me, the head and face are reminiscent of a Nomura Musical Drummer Robot). Can anyone confirm that this is a relatively modern HaHa toy? Just making sure it's not a "sleeper."

HaHa.jpg

It's from the late 90s to somewhere in the 2000s I don't know who made it maybe schyling or haha definitely Chinese, you can find them in better condition on ebay they came in different colours too, hope that helps hymie. Again if you like it buy it. 

It has a fake surface finish to make it look older. It was one of the worst windup toys ever made. The windup motor just barely had enough power to operate the robot and ran about 3 seconds. I have all the colors out in the Hut and a few junked for parts in the shop. But I bought them as I liked the look and the way the legs were designed to move. So as always buy it if you like it, do not buy it if you plan to sell it for a profit, that will never happen.

boxed as.

Planet Robot Wind-up Tin Toy TR2022 Schylling

Many thanks for the info, gentlemen. Very helpful.  Normally wouldn't  have given it a second look, but as I said, the design was kind of appealing. I'll try to find a better example on eBay. Thanks again!

The “original” is an acquired taste, to say the least, and I truly hate these faked versions. Whoever did this (and the ridiculous boxes) should be shot (so to speak, I’m not advocating violence!)

And while we're at it, let's include the eBay sellers who describe every robot they list as "rare." I haven't looked lately, but I'd wager that right now you could find at least a dozen, say, Noguchi Mechanical Mighty Robots -- or maybe Horikawa Rotate-O-Matic Super Astronauts, if you prefer -- on offer there, and I'll bet more than half have the word "rare" in the listing title. Based on those sellers' scarcity standards, my robot collection should be in the Smithsonian!

Also I'm seeing the word antique used for the new style plastic bots, and another of my favourites is..this is the only one I've seen online when I've just seen 10 of said item,  will it get worse now ebay aren't charging for selling any more. The mind boggles 🤯

Absolutely, Zebedee!

And while I'm venting, for good measure I'll throw in my irritation at the now common use of the word "vintage" (especially in eBay item descriptions) to mean, erroneously, something akin to "copying or imitating the look and style of an actual antique or collectibles but not the real McCoy" (read reproduction), rather than what it really means (wine references notwithstanding): Something that is actually old and collectible. As in, "I drive a vintage Rolls Royce," or "this is a vintage Rolling Stones concert tour t-shirt from 1973." A reproduction of an old robot is not vintage (unless maybe it's a really old reproduction -- which is very unlikely). There, I've said it. I'll cease and desist (at least for a little while).

If we're ranting it's the word retro for me, how can something be retro if its from the period surely its genuine,  its like me saying I own a retro 1970s vw camper with original retro interior, makes the blood boil. 

There are a few color variations, blue, green i have seen at least 4 variations the most commun it's the blue, it's One of the best Chinese spring loaded robot with Nice litho

i-img862x1184-1703834339qovteq328980.jpg

i-img953x1200-17038343395arh2t133561.jpg

i-img713x1200-1703834339fh6zsr133980.jpg

i-img900x1200-1703834339jnd2yt325862.jpg