Masudaya Rocket Target Game

gernot

Rocket Target Game, Masudaya/Japan, 1950s, spring loaded action. 

Just added (from Collect Hit toy show in Brussels this weekend) this rare and beautiful Target game from Masudaya.
This is the third and different edition of this toy which came in various graphics and box art versions (see attached picture taken from the Alphadrome database for reference, this version is still missing in the database.)

All complete including a cardboard landscape and a cardboard rocket which is pushed into a spring loaded opening. After hitting the target the rocket is catapulted upwards.

Aside from the graphics, the real bonus is the gun with rubber darts which is exactly the same gun as included with the Masudaya Target Robot. It has a Japan marking on it. 
(see attached picture).

IMG_1118.jpeg

IMG_1119.jpeg

IMG_1120.jpeg

IMG_1121.jpeg

IMG_1122.jpeg

Fantastic - always loved the graphics on this piece....the gun is the icing on the cake!

Congratulations, Gernot!

Interesting to compare your Moon Light version with its pale light moonscape box lid cover and different shooting range graphics to the other version. Do you think, Moon Light is the later edition with something like an Eagle type lander on the scenario?

So great it still came with the Target Robot type gun. My version, the one on the left of Alphdrome‘s pic, has the cardboard cut out for that gun. But came with a deer hunter’s crazy revolver instead.

Klaus, I am not sure but I think they are all from the 50s and far ahead of any real moon landing eagle type spacecraft.

Also I guess my version showing the added graphic with boy shooting the target on the front cardboard could be the latest version to describe visually what kind of toy it is to potential buyers. 

Also not sure why the rocket is called Moon Light. 

These toys seem to have a quite long run as they came in three versions, but almost none has survived the times. 

Yes, Gernot, agreed. Apollo 11 was too late for this toy.

Might have been more of the focus on Moon that culminated in the goal (1961) to achieve a landing on Moon within 10 years and early engineering steps that affected this design.

(edited, lunik)