Ball Blowing Horikawa Prototype Robot

roboz

• 1 month later...

I wonder if they'd have dressed up the floating ball if it had made it to production. I'd love to know what the ratio of prototypes rejected to prototypes produced was. We've seen so many that should have been on the market.

13 minutes ago, zzrobot said:

Hey John, next 3D ? Or take an original and make one ……..

I built one many years ago, not a new project at all.

Nice unique feature👍 pretty cool Cage só how this works it's a compressed air motor or ... Thanks for sharing 

To me, it looks to be a first test for a new action  ( that already existed on other toys). But to be put in production;, it would have need a complete reworking of the design because  as it is,  the blowing area  is not particulary looking good. The super space  commander was out in 1977 and the rocket ears probably come from a radar robot. It' s a cool action  and it  would have been great combined with a TV screen.

I agree the ball blowing area does not look great but is required for the cool function of catching the ball when the blowing stops and starts. Definitely a concept build.

The chest would need a back lit static image or other graphics that could use movement from the Start Sop mechanics. Cool piece to add to any collection.