Imai Space Patrol Robot Model Kit

roboz

Wrong glue for 3d printed parts Eagle. If they are resin printed then use a UV glue or super glue, if they are FDM filament printed then use Weld On #16 or super glue.

I've always used gorilla super glue, the one with a brush so you can apply it better and no residue, can't wait to see it built and next to the larger ones you've already made 

• 2 weeks later...

Finally produced a true-size Captain Patrol robot. It's a right pain working at this reduced size. Everything has to be squeezed into no space at all. The motor is the little N20.  I found a version with a dual shaft that made life easier, though the axle was marginally too wide

I've copied colour schemes that I've seen in various old advertisements and one is based on the box art. I tried to keep the workings accessible for future maintenance. 

Great fun after a long lay off. 

blue yellow.jpgwhite red.jpgred white.jpglack red.jpglue white.jpg

Shown alongside a Television Spaceman for scale. These Imai kits are seriously small and the built-up products are equally flimsy. I doubt if these had a life expectancy of more than a day or two. 

IMG_20240815_151749627.jpg

Great job Brian, love all the different colours 😃  think the blue and yellow version is my favourite. 

Finally: 

When Imai went bust the moulds were acquired by Bandai. They released the Space Patrol robot as The Guardman Robot. It's surprising what a a difference a few decals make:

tumblr_b97663aa675dac2dec7edbc4eb314b14_d53f9cc2_1280.jpg

IMG_20240818_133202967.jpg