Original Box Art for Rotate O Matic Super Astronaut

ADMINDATA

Unusually Oversized! The details are remarkable 

not what you would normally catch on the box itself 

Great addition, fantastic artwork! I remember seeing this for sale on eBay thru a company called Vintage gate in 2014, Metal house also had the Prototype painting which looked different than the original but at the time the Proto was not listed for sale. 

roto 1.jpg

roto pro 1.jpg

Roboto, I recall the eBay listings of the original artwork as well. There were also original paintings for the Horikawa Super Space Attacker and Razor Spaceman robots box artwork offered on eBay or elsewhere at the time. The oversized Rotate O Matic Super Astronaut artwork is going to look amazing in Ozzie's museum! 

Absolutely stunning. I can't believe Horikawa covered up the flying spaceship with lettering (or I guess the proper term for written Japanese would be "characters"). Seems like the design could have been reconfigured somehow to avoid that. Hey, it might be okay from time to time to cover up part of a Picasso or a Monet for the sake of commerce, but this is serious art!

Cool! What is the meaning of the japanese writing beside? Do we have a clue about this S.T artist?

I of course can't read Japanese, but if you compare the handwritten vertical characters to the characters on the box, I believe you'll see that they're identical (at least in part). So it must say "Rotate-O-Matic Super Astronaut" (or at least some fragment of that name). 

My initial thought about the "S.T" was safety toy, but I think those standards came out later? 

Now I have to find the matching robot

if someone has a lead LMK !!

On 6/29/2024 at 3:59 PM, Hymie said:

Absolutely stunning. I can't believe Horikawa covered up the flying spaceship with lettering (or I guess the proper term for written Japanese would be "characters"). Seems like the design could have been reconfigured somehow to avoid that. Hey, it might be okay from time to time to cover up part of a Picasso or a Monet for the sake of commerce, but this is serious art!

On the common version of the Rotate-O-Matic Super astronaut, the flying saucer can be seen

IMG_7195.JPG.c8a01c3832a658d6fb6a45048a710ac6.JPG

The S.T Signature appears also on the attacking martian artwork

IMG_7665.JPG.a8ee5e830d5e76039b470e93988bce6f.JPG