Z-Man the Brain - help wanted

Peter

I've  been trying  to  get my  Z-man revived  and  I could use some help...

Motors have been cleaned and work but I've only been able get the starboard motor to kick in and

can't seem to get the wiring right. I've studied Robothut's posts, and read through the patent  he posted

but I'm missing something...I can't  really get a look at the wiring of the motors in the videos.

Here's the wiring as it was when the front and back panels were removed...The  front  seems good,

but I'm missing  something  with the motors...

The third image (with the finger in the photo is a screenshot from Robothut's video, but I can't make out his wiring...

Any help would be appreciated. I'm stuck and cconfused.

Peter

ZmanFront.jpeg

ZmanRear.jpeg

RoboHwire.jpeg

1956 Z-man The Brain Patent Drawings - ROBOT PATENTS - Alphadrome | Home of the Robots | brought to you by the Bilotta Collection.

I can not make the thread a link so just search in the patents section for Z Man.

But the wiring is very simple.

The 3 batteries are wired in series. 

One end of the batteries goes to one connection of both motors. The other end of the battery's goers to the main ON OFF switch. The ON   OFF switch then goes up to the 

mechanical sequencer common connection. Then depending on of the slide switches in the sequencer are moved to the in position or the outward position the voltage is sent to one of the 2 motors, thus completing the circuit.

post-7-1275149694.jpg

On 6/26/2024 at 10:06 AM, robothut said:

One end of the batteries goes to one connection of both motors.

Thanks for your help...still not  working.

When I look at your video I see three wires. 2 go to the 2 morors...the third?

I might try removing carriage clip to better work on the 2 motors...RoboHwire.jpeg.f08c843c418db63c81d7b66ed3e12b40.jpeg

Yes 3 wires is correct. 1 wire to each motor, then both motors have 1 connection to each other that connects to the 3d common wire. Just like the patent wiring diagram shows.