Hello, from Atomic Robot Bob (aka TM Lindsey)

Atomic Robot Bob

Howdy!

Since I shot my mouth off about how nice it would be to do a intro section, I guess I'd better post something 😁

I'm currently 56 y.o. and live in NW Florida.  I don't really count myself as a serious collector (like most of you) since I mainly buy Robby and B-9-related toys, and only if  they appeal to me visually (I don't like super deformie and bobble-head types, for example).  I will sometimes buy other robots but, again, only if they appeal to the kid in me.  I've held off posting pics of my small collection because the new display case will also be part of that collection and everything is on hold while we deal with my wife's health issues.

I'm also working on a large-scale classic/vintage robot inspired project, which is where the Atomic Robot Bob name comes from.  Anyone who's interested can go here https://tmlindsey.com/tmlproject-RoBob.htm  for more info and to see other projects I've done, but further construction is on hold for the time being.  Alphadrome has been a great source for inspiration while I did, and continue to do, research for the aesthetic of the overall, somewhat ballooning, project 😊

I've enjoyed the time I've spent on here and it really is an invaluable resource of history and knowledge and I've pointed several people here over the years...whether or not they actually came or stayed is another matter.  It's their loss if they didn't!

Timothy Lindsey

aka Atomic Robot Bob/RoBob

11 hours ago, Brian.. said:

Are there any pictures of Atomic Robot Bob?

The design is somewhat fluid so that I can adapt/modify it as I encounter problems, or am not able to find materials.  So each component is being designed as-I-go.

Here is the ear I designed, though. I have finished the master and will mold it to cast lightweight versions for the full-sized robot.

Alphadrome - Ear Profile.jpg

The "brain" that is located inside the head dome is almost finished as well; here is its design:

Alphadrome - Crown Profile.jpg

19 hours ago, ratchet said:

Howdy Tim. Glad your here.

Rich

Thanks, Rich! Glad to be here 🙂

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/5/2022 at 2:03 AM, Brian.. said:

Are there any pictures of Atomic Robot Bob?

Been doing some work...here is a test set-up of the head as it stands right now...

1089444046_04-21-2022RoBobHeadTestweb.jpg.4e2ecd4d84200f7030a528189864ad5b.jpg