Bootleg Ideal Zeroids robot

Brendroid

I had previously been unaware bootleg Zeroids existed, but check out this interesting item currently on eBay.

Seller's description is as follows:

This is a 6 3/4” Plastic windup robot made in Hong Kong by durham Industries. Robot has a white plastic windup on the side. As he moves forward his head turns right and left. Robot is in good condition with no cracks. Has wheels and tracks on the bottom that are intact. Has a decal on his chest that is intact. Not sure if he had a decal on tank like area in the back or not as feels like old sticky glue in that spot. However, this is one plastic robot that appears to be scarce...have not seen it before. A nice addition to any collection.

Auction is ending soon, but here's the link:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/185066249900?mkevt=1&mkpid=0&emsid=e11010.m1951.l7533&mkcid=7&ch=osgood&euid=9f415d6d201744e08373d16e5da41901&bu=43199435241&ut=RU&osub=-1~1&crd=20210930141420&segname=11010&sojTags=ch%3Dch%2Cbu%3Dbu%2Cut%3Dut%2Cosub%3Dosub%2Ccrd%3Dcrd%2Csegname%3Dsegname%2Cchnl%3Dmkcid

zeroids boot2.jpg

zeroids boot.jpg

Here are my two windup Durham "Zeroids " type robots. I have a video coming out at the end of the month where you can see these and the Zeroids all working.

DSC08546.jpg

Those are very nice! I look forward to seeing this video. And I'm curious to learn any history you might know about these Durham products.

Robothut, it's interesting Durham was based in New York. Do you think that eBay seller might have been mistaken in describing this as a Hong Kong bootleg?

• 3 weeks later...

I've not seen the boxes for these before.

"Zerak" robots but not "Zobor" robots?

hmmm... 

they seem almost harder to find than original Zeroids

On 10/18/2021 at 6:55 PM, Mick_B said:

I've not seen the boxes for these before.

"Zerak" robots but not "Zobor" robots?

hmmm... 

they seem almost harder to find than original Zeroids

Yes I feel lucky to pick those robots in those boxes. I think they are not often seen. Usually,  it's  the carded "Astroid" version as shown in the database. It's the same box for the two robots, each side showing one of them.