Mexican Vintage Robots

robot_ole

Dear friend:

I like show you a new section of my page about mexican vintage robots. I show some interesting for you.

One: Metalic robot. I don´t know the name.

post-2-1110574651.jpg

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like that metallic robot... is it made of metal, or is it just metallic-colored plastic? How big is it? What sort of actions does it have? Wind up or battery operated? Any idea when it was made?

I also find that last robot interesting -- obviously based on the Alps bots. But is it ALL plastic? Body too?

The plastic robot obviously based on the Alps design I believe was a bank premium. There are several variations. The first robot I believe also has a red variation and is way cool looking.

Guest Brian.

The metallic robot is absolutely fascinating. A completely fresh approach to robot design: the broad body, the angled arms, and that fascinating helmet with a hint of tubes behind. The logo is such a far cry from the space-component style of the Japanese. It really is a gem. It reminds me of the Foki piece. Any chance of a close up of that face?

I think you should name it for us.

The consolidada looks like it has folk influences: it could grow on me.

Thanks Ole, great additions. Just when you think you've seen it all!

Talking of naming discoveries, I wonder what the inspiration for Uranus was ........... or does that old gag only work in England?

Yes brian ,

you are right this robot looks verry impresive -

maybe we can have some closer pictures of him ???

this arms . movement looks new to me too.

Robot-ole have you a tipp for a book about mexican robots - toys ?

volker

Guest neatstuff

In the first pictured robot, does it have an astronauts face inside or? It's hard to tell from this picture.

Robot de La Consolidada, looks like it's eaten way to many Mexican hot chilies over the years. I like hot chilies but if this is the end results then I had better stop, Yikes!

Robot Ole, very cool Robot. I saw one of these on Ebay last year. Aren't there a couple of different color variations. If you ever find another, please email me!

Actually the first robot is battery operated and made of sheet metal. It walks and has a light up face(like battery op planet robot without the swirling innards). I'll try to post up a pic later of a red variation-lately I have Henk syndrome-nothing wants to post up.

Ole Hello,

That first robot Photo is in Robert Johnson collection, It's from the dealer in mexico that selling on ebay time to time. 3 colors in total to the set, All are battery op/Robert Shimizu and Mr. Johnson have the full set, Size is about 10.5" They sell for 2000.00 - 3500.00 most of the time the condition is very bad, The one in the photo had big problems with the battery box.

paul

The first robot looks like it was based on the robot in the Mexican movie, ROBOT VS the AZTEC MUMMY 1957. you can find the DVD for a few bucks in the bargin DVD bins.

That first robot looks great. It's amazing in red...

Robot Ole one question for you...do you have any idea if there are any good robot stores in Barcelona???

Archived