Ideal Astro Base Restoration

ckalkhof

What a wonderful restoration and video! I'm looking forward to see the results of your skills when applied to a robot 😉...

Very dedicated....I need to learn how to cast parts, too. The results look factory. Well done, my man.

...what a cool toy.

The engineering IDEAL toy makers incorporated into this ASTRO BASE is awe inspiring.😃

Very nice restoration. I've been looking for one of these for a while and it's hard to find any close to working. You did a super job on this one...looks brand new.

You guys are always so nice 🙂 Thanks for the positive comments. I enjoy working on these older toys because they are truly from another time. There is always something interesting to be found in thier design that seems to be lacking in toys of today.  

Nice restoration and presentation.  Debussy's Clair De Lune  is one of my all time favorite compositions.  I used it 20 years ago when I made a video sampling of my restoration work using morphing before and after. 

Thanks again guys. Love the patent drawing. 

Phil - I always have a hard time picking nice music. I fall back on the classics I think because that's usually what I have playing in the background when I'm putting around with this stuff.