Daughter Of Morbius

Morbius

The Lantern Robot is really a nice teal-type colour. Hard to describe. :P He works really smoothly and the lantern really lights up a big beam in the dark.

I finally got my little THUNDER ROBOT this year to go with my Robby.

post-2-1136047247.jpg

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...

ALTAIRA HERE:

Here's the box for my new blue Planet Robot I just got in the mail today from Joe at Main Street Toys. I opened it before my dad got home!! :lol: He's a beautiful bright blue metallic colour.

I will post a picture later on. :D

post-298-1140571588.jpg

post-298-1140571613.jpg

post-298-1140571631.jpg

Thank you! I'm getting all my friends to check out the robot sites and they're enjoying looking at them and some of them are buying robots too! :lol:

Your daughter must be preteen going on 30. She has a nice variety in her collection. I love it when young girls are interested in scifi and space related items.Enjoy your time together. Unfortunately, my daughter is long gone and working on her masters in social work. But she always had a great imagination in her writing and art. I think your slogan is so true. It's not any fun being normal and sane.

[sorry, I must have cut off some of my message. Obviously my photo is an Erector set item I assembled and is 25" tall. I have a fascination for Erector robots. I found out the 12-1/2 set with a motor drive robot is pretty pricy at up to $1,000-$1,500. in excellent condition. Phil Redman

(Morbius)

Thank you Phil! Altaira thanks you! She gave a fun-filled shriek at your Meccano 'bot. She really got a kick out of it and said, "I want one"!! My brother had those sets in the late '50's and early 60's and we had a ball with them.

She's been around these type of toys all her life and learned to appreciate them early on and she has always been there during the twice-yearly run of the vintage 'bots and she's pointed out many times when I had a thought to sell or trade something, "....that toy's not going anywhere...they're here forever"!!

Just my luck, 2 collectors in the family of these toys and 1 a collector of needlepoints and stitcheries and cookbooks! (Altaira's a great cook, too just like her mom and grandma)!!

I've said to her that when her mom and I are gone, she'd better move into our house. It'll be easier than packing the whole works and movin' it!!! :lol:

Thanks for the nice pic and an interesting job well done.

....Mike

Altara - I like the Mainstreet Toys version of the Planet Robot box better than the regular Ha Ha version. I have never seen this box until you posted it - thanks!!. I’ve been admiring your robot collection for some time now and I thought it was about time I said so! What a great head start you have on all of us (except for David Kirk who I believe has been collecting robots continuously since he was a young boy) and just think how wonderful your collection will be when you are an my age. Thanks for sharing. :)

Thank you, Fineas! I love this box the most. This is actually my first wound-up Robby sent right to me in the mail from my Dad MORBIUS and Main Street Toys!

Fineas, can you please post the big photo of your saucer collection that was in an earlier thread? I'd really like to see them all again. I love the tin saucers and any type of robot in the world especially my PINK UGLY ROBOT.

THANK YOU!! :rolleyes:

Thank you, Fineas! I love this box the most. This is actually my first wound-up Robby sent right to me in the mail from my Dad MORBIUS and Main Street Toys!

Fineas, can you please post the big photo of your saucer collection that was in an earlier thread? I'd really like to see them all again. I love the tin saucers and any type of robot in the world especially my PINK UGLY ROBOT.

THANK YOU!! :rolleyes:

Alraira - So now you know the best part of collecting (well at least modern collecting) opening the package! Sooo much fun, huh? Tell you what, since there have been some new additions to the saucer collection since that picture was taken I'll go ahead and take a few new ones and post them in a day or so.

Morbius - eMail me your address and daughter's name. I would love to send her something for her collection.

From one world class collector to another!

Archived