Marx UK Catalog 1980

Joe K.

Here's a 1980 Marx UK Toys catalog: the V.I.N.C.E.N.T that didn't make it.

1980 marx cat.jpg1980 marx rear cover.jpg

with a couple Black Hole V.I.N.Cent remote control toys that never made it onto the shelves. Here's the upper part of the one page:

1980 vin upper.jpg

and the lower part:

1980 vin lower.jpg

And a couple toys that did make it into production: Clash of the Cosmic Robots:

1980 marx r'em s'em.jpg

Dalek:

1980 marx dalek.jpg

That link tells a interesting story. I don't know that a toy based on a Disney movie would be in a Playboy mag. The remote looks to be a Sir Galaxy type.

post-7-0-65337300-1376144486_thumb.jpg

Wow. These would have been great. I am surprised they never came to be. The way Disney markets all their stuff you would think the market would be flooded witih all sorts of VINcent's...wind up, battery op, plus...you name it. But it's like the Black Hole was forgotten by Disney like it was by the audience. I was not a fan of the film...despite the cool robots, the movie was boring as heck. I do have the model kit of VINcent, but not of Max...still looking.

• 5 months later...

I never saw that before. Never knew they made one of these. That would have been nice to have. He was the best part of the movie despite him trying to cash in on the R2 popularity. A robot is a robot. Had I known he existed, this would have been one toy I would have begged for that Christmas.

• 3 months later...

Here are two more pages from the same catalog

post-16-0-96957900-1400489526_thumb.jpg

showing TBH Game, a large and small Bagatelle game, three different Yo-Yos, the Palomino Spaceship,

nine different 3 3/4" Figures and the Gun.

Archived