SH Collection

larry seven

A great addition robobob! Machine Robot to me is the best SH Gear-type robots - the red & green rotating lights in the dome really add a cool effect.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

πŸ™‚ To Paul K -thanks for the picture of Rusher! It's friction, do you roll the chest tires to wind up the friction action, or his feet? Were they made in this litho'd version only, or are there other colors? I think that this is the only one that I've seen.

To Rocket 2 - this is my first time noticing another super rare Horikawa, your New Fighting Robot. Does it have the revolving lamps in head top light, or just illuminated dome? Do the guns flip out to shoot? How about the lower below-gun panel? Does it move?

To Robobob -Cool Gear Robot. Will you replace the switch? I bought a replacement for mine from Classic Tin Toy, but I haven't tackled it yet. Winter time projects are stacking up. -Larry 7

Larry – The dome on New Fighting Robot does not light up at all. It’s not lit on the Mr. Patrol for that matter. The chest panel is one large piece with the plastic guns at the top and just litho on the rest of the panel. Unlike the Attacking Martians or the rotators, where the gun panel just push foward during the entire shooting cycle, the ones on New Fighting Robot move fully in and out during the shooting cycle. The effect makes the whole robot shake and sort of looks like movement from the recoil on the guns.

Larry, I emailed you a question today regarding one of your earlier posts.

Larry -

I was going to replace the switch...All I saw on CTT's

site were red ones, but this one is green AND translucent.

What color switch did you get from them ?

I may just try casting my own first ...

πŸ™‚ I'll go and look at it, Rocket 2. Thanks.

Robobob, I didn't have any remains of a switch, and they sent me a red one, so red it is going to be. (Of course what that means is that I've already paid for it, and I'm not mailing it back!) -Larry 7

:) Rocket_2 -In your grouping of plastic Horikawas, can you show and tell us about the red colored guy in the back right side? Is he a gear robot? Thanks, -Larry 7

Larry

The red plastic robot with black arms and legs is called Ranger Robot. It is a shooting robot with a chromed plastic panel with guns and a red lighted lens in the middle.

I resent my question using the Private Message feature here. We'll see if that works.

post-2-1093351001.jpgRanger.jpg

In reference to Robobob's Machine Robot. I always thought they all had the large red gears and small green gears in the chest. I just got one recently and the large gears were green and the small gears red. Just another slight variation.

Bob

LARRY - the rusher's friction motor wind's up via the rubber wheels on his chest, once the motor's running he can fly across the floor or he can take a short stroll, standing up. I heard that sometimes they have crack's in their head and leg's from head-on crashes with skirting boards.

I fell in love with him as soon as I missed an e-bay auction. Got this one at another on-line auction last year, I was sooo happy.

I think he cool because he look's and act's very different to any other SH bot. no gun's or TV screen to be seen anywhere.

Has anynoe got a birth date for the Rusher?

I would have thought he would have been made in the 60's, because of the type of blue they used but what do I know!

Also the Super Giant Robot is the original Japan market version that does not spin.

Has anyone seen this before?

Paul K

robobob said:
Larry -

I was going to replace the switch...

All I saw on CTT's

site were red ones, but this one is

green AND translucent.

robobob and Larry 7,

I can cut a translucent green switch for you

if you want, but I will need the old one to get

the dimensions. The laser cutter doesn't just

do foot pads..... πŸ˜„

:) Wow, Paul K, I had not known about whether the Super Giants all rotated or not. I recall an earlier thread about the new Metal House Giants doing a different rotating pattern than original Horkawas, but this is a new one on me. There have been several on Ebay lately, and, frankly, because I had picked up a black tin SH Rotating Super Giant, I wasn't going to go after the tin/plastic (tastic?) models, but now I'm interested. First, tell me were there many colors-variations of plastic/tin (plin?) Super Giants? Thanks, -Larry 7

Larry - My knowledge of the large SH's is limited, I'm sure there's lot's of variation's out there somewhere.

I thought they all span and was shocked to find an old one that didn't (a bit disappointed to be honest but I love variations ). I think the Metal House Repro is the same as the original Japanese market version. I noticed the other day that the repro box has the Japanese and English writing but I think the repro's are too much money, just for a box variation.

The inside of the original doors and litho around the gun's can vary as well.

There can be a problem for Super Giant's, the leg's are driven by a small plastic cog (lot's of weight on one small cog), if they don't walk the plastic cog might have cracked or perished, a bit of a git to fix, so watch out.

But for the pure size of the beast, both version's are stunning, i'm just looking for a silver version, if anyone's giving one away.

Paul k

πŸ™‚ Yeah, Paul K, my black tin giant doesn't walk either, maybe it has a plastic gear also, although I've seen bronze gears broken too. It looked like more of a tough job than I was wanting to tackle at the time I cleaned him up, I didn't have several hours available, but I will fix him this winter. -Larry 7

Paul K.

This cog you were talking about in the Super giants that can perish. Does someone like Classic tin toys carry a replacement? I have one that has the very problem you describe.

Bob

Archived