Roboter 2010

robert

I have been over at the lab helping Grandpa build some of the Roboter 700's, and in the process was able to squirrel away some spare parts like this head which has an upside down top, cast some of my own, and beg Gramps to machine a few brass parts for me. Here is the result:

post-4-1237230099.jpg

I thought the metallic blue and brass went together really well. I wanted to do an all brass antenna but I need to improve my skills a little before tackling that. The blue looks pretty good though.

post-4-1237230215.jpg

Also added rubber pads to feet - doesn't really do much as robot walks fine without them, but looks cool! :)

post-4-1237230283.jpg

Hope you like it!

VERY Nice !! I like the color. These guys are just too cool. How many variations and prototypes are there now ? Including mine, I'm thinking around four ??? I thought I read the other day that someone had a prototype that gramps built.

VERY Nice !! I like the color. These guys are just too cool. How many variations and prototypes are there now ? Including mine, I'm thinking around four ??? I thought I read the other day that someone had a prototype that gramps built.

I actually built 10 that are serialized for various collectors and 2 Prototypes to check the molds and cnc machined parts. So with the one Robert has from spare parts and the one you built, it looks like 14 have been made.

• 7 years later...

Archived