Robotos Robots On Display

Roboto

K9 MK2 has been added to my collection little does he know there are Daleks in the house so all is quite for now till a video is done. I placed him in try me mode so the color pads, red eye and outer panel lit up!

K9 mk2.JPG

K9 mk3 (2).JPG

K9 mk3 (1).JPG

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 710
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Roboto

• Ultrarobotman

• Jonydroid

• Golddalek

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Time to work on the Dalek Sec. As can be seen with the outer box seems Customs had a look see thru the box and did not properly repackage it. The box will need to be repaired done this before and the inner colorful secure box will also be repaired. This Dalek Sec has been sitting for 12years and the inner box will start to fall in on it self, this is normal and seen on all versions. 

Sec rebuild (2).JPG

Sec rebuild (3).JPG

Sec rebuild (4).JPG

Sec rebuild (6).JPG

Sec rebuild (7).JPG

Sec rebuild (8).JPG

Sec rebuild (12).JPG

Now for the fun part undoing those many large hold wires that keep the Dalek Sec in place and from being damaged during shipping from the manufacture! Most of the time the wire cables are just cut off that take about 15 minutes. To save all and do it right the time is around 1 hour and trying not to damage that clear hold head piece takes time but well worth it as collections go!

Sec rebuild (9).JPG

Sec rebuild (10).JPG

Sec rebuild (11).JPG

Sec rebuild (13).JPG

Sec rebuild (15).JPG

Sec rebuild (16).JPG

I hardly even worried about keeping the box...I've always purchased things to keep, not re-sell.

I have kept boxes for software, plumbing, things I may need to re-store back inside.

Or possibly return if it's the wrong item I chosen..

I understand collectors, it's their hobby; some, a living- I guess these things matter to them. 

Nice Dalek.👁️‍🗨️

With those 18" Interactive Daleks to buy without box around $200.00 however with box around $400.00 there value keeps going up and that large 20" make a great presentation! 

With robot collectors there are times when the box is worth more then the robot. I recently saw a very old and worn Batman robot box go for around $1,500.00 just the box.

sec blk 1.jpg

Removed the Black Sec from his box and installed batteries and waited for a response!  Then all hell broke loose as he started to yell at me because his ray gun was not working, his center eye did light up and moved up and down, his head however did not rotate so will need to take the rear apart just like the Bronze Dalek and get that motor running. This is what happens to these 18" interactive Daleks as they sit around sealed in there box for many years, gears and motors need to move over time or remain frozen. I tapped the ray gun and it started to work as he yelled Exterminate, Exterminate.  Now comes the fun part.  Good news the eye lit up Blue and then Red.

sec build 16 (5).JPG

sec build 16 (4).JPG

sec build 16 (3).JPG

sec build 16 (2).JPG

sec build 16 (1).JPG

Very detailed....If i had room to spare, I might get one, but I  don't at the moment.

I just have a couple 6" ones that are easy to find a display area.

I do like this 10th Dr. updated Dalek.....Not fond of the Paradign Daleks. They look cheap like vacuum formed Gatoraid containers.

And so it begins using the Hot setting on Hi to make the glued areas soft to remove. What took time was that upper red circled area the longest to remove since it is hard plastic unlike the lower area once heated becomes soft rubber the fun part is not to burn the fingers, no plier tools since they will damage the covers. I now have access to the 6 screws to remove the back and gain access to the roto motor unit.

Sec build 15 (1).JPG

Sec build 15 (2).JPG

Sec build 15 (3).JPG

Sec build 15 (4).JPG

Sec build 15 (5).JPG

Sec build 15 (6).JPG

Now with the head rotate motor apart was time to grease the gears with that Super Lube. I had to remove the Hot Glue from the motor to cover in order to take apart just be careful to not pull at it I used a fine razor blade to make a few cuts then lifted that Glue glob off, once apart I used the grease on a fine painters brush just remember to hold the gears down as you apply the grease to keep those gears from lifting up, I also oiled the motor bearings with same Super Lube but in the pen oiler tube as a fine liquid works well. Also I greased the upper inner top head since it rides on the body unit for better movement.

DSC03412.JPG

DSC03423.JPG

DSC03413.JPG

DSC03414.JPG

DSC03416.JPG

DSC03421.JPG

With the head rotate motor/board installed the head rotated but did not know which way to go. I removed a small hold plastic/2 screw setup to gain entrance to the circuit board with its 3 copper contacts I cleaned them up with a thin Q-tip with just a little rubbing alcohol on it reassembled and the head was now able to locate its position and started working great again.

Even though you go thru the work to grease/oil the inner gear/motor box for the head rotator those contacts if bad or dirty contacts due to oxidation for sitting sooo many yrs will also stop the head from turning or just turning a little then stopping.

DSC03430.JPG

DSC03427.JPG

DSC03428.JPG

Before placing the rear panel on here is a pic of the rear circuit board with its 3 voice sensor Micro-ears Left side-Right side and the top of his center head. When cleaning do not get that area wet it will go straight down to the circuit area!

DSC03434.JPG

DSC03433.JPG

The last step was to using a Dremel tool with sander, I was able to remove the dried glue from the rear and 2 side panels and those small hard plastic top panels, Then I used a heat lamp to soften the 2 PVC outer panel. Once done I used a little silicone clear sealant and used 3 small drops on each panel then placed them on the rear dalek and used painters tape around him to hold as the heated panels became cold/formed and the silicone cured over night. The 2 small top panels were easy to glue with the silicone just a little to hold them in place those upper panels do not move with heat like the larger 2 lower panels.

I also used the Super lube oiler to help the front 2 round roller balls that hold his weapons over time they become dry and hard to move once done its like new once more.

DSC03422.JPG

DSC03424.JPG

DSC03425.JPG

DSC03426.JPG

DSC03438.JPG

DSC03440.JPG

DSC03436.JPG