Robotos Robots On Display

Roboto

Wowwww well that´s a huge fix, i couldn´t do it it´s too much for me, but i did well with 2 repro smokers, but it was easy, still didn´t got a replacement for the candy red Astro Zombie... it´s still there waiting for a donor. Congrats for your excelent work, love to see how it´s coming back alive...

cheers,Joao

• Replies 710
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Roboto

• Ultrarobotman

• Jonydroid

• Golddalek

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thank you. I am almost done with this 18" Dalek. As I was repairing that motor gear assembly for the rotate head I saw a broken plastic holder above it in the main neck area that uses a contact circuit board so when you start him up in the on position only the head will rotate left to right and the contacts tell the Main processor at what point to stop and go to the left and then to the right. I used a solder iron to melt what was left on the remaining stub and made a few holes around its copper rear to fill it in with Epoxy. After a day it has a strong hold and now working much better. There are 2 screws to remove that outer hold cover the middle screw holds the inner antenna wire only. The last pic shows the repair finished and the copper contact is nice and flat once more not loose and bent down on the left side.

Dalek Bronze Interactive repair 18 (14).jpg

Dalek Bronze Interactive repair 18 (29).JPG

Dalek Bronze Interactive repair 18 (37).jpg

Dalek Bronze Interactive repair 18 (41).JPG

Dalek Bronze Interactive repair 18 (52).jpg

As I put him all together her are a few photos of him taken apart this was a fun project to finish the only step left is to find a glue for the 4 rear panels that will hold but yet easy to undo in repairs are needed again. I used a Dremel with a sand roto disc to removed the unwanted hardened glue off that rear panel for a flatter area to glue the panels on properly. There are so many sensors on this Dalek from motion to heat sensors to voice sensors plus more.

Dalek Bronze Interactive 18 (56).JPG

Dalek Bronze Interactive 18 (23).JPG

Dalek Bronze Interactive 18 (24).JPG

Dalek Bronze Interactive 18 (25).JPG

Dalek Bronze Interactive 18 (33).JPG

Dalek Bronze Interactive 18 (38).JPG

Dalek Bronze Interactive 18 (55).JPG

My final repair in this Dalek was that ray gun which was not working. I got lucky even though I have a spare the back sealed end was loose enough for me to open and re-solder loose white wire. The Daleks ray gun started to exterminate once again.

Dalek Bronze Interactive 18 (62).JPG

Dalek Bronze Interactive 18 (50).JPG

As my repairs slowly comes to an end on the Interactive Dalek with its sucker arm I also will finish repairs on the Interactive Assault Dalek with its large movable claws. I have filed down the leftover glued rear panels on that rear housing for a smoother surface to place those 2 larger panels on I then used a 60w heat lamp to soften those panels and with masking tape while still warm placed them in position to cool down and regain its shape as seen in these pics. Also shown the inside in the Dalek and what holds those golden sheres in place with its glue.

Dalek Bronze Interactive repair 18 (53).JPG

Dalek Bronze Interactive repair 18 (56).JPG

Dalek Bronze Interactive repair 18 (55).JPG

Dalek Bronze Interactive repair 18 (54).JPG

What the Dalek looked like from upon receiving to now even the Eye stalk lights up very well along the stem. As you can see as we speak we are on different sides of the Dalek and he has voice sensors on both sides so he will go to that side to look at you and receive commands.

https://youtu.be/JjvZRz4rdMA

DSC00720.JPG

Dalek Bronze Interactive 18 (69).JPG

Dalek Bronze Interactive 18 (64).JPG

A second box was repaired and that clear front bottom tray was repaired using clear packing tape to seal cracks inside then I sprayed a black rubber (Flex seal) inside that hardened and held well. This one will now hold the assault Dalek since he arrived as is with his claw. Last photo shows 18" Bronze with 13" Geneticist.

Bronze 18 inch Dalek (2).JPG

Bronze 18 inch Dalek (3).JPG

Bronze 18 inch Dalek (7).JPG

Bronze 18 inch Dalek (6).JPG

Bronze 18 inch Dalek (8).JPG

Bronze 18 inch Dalek (24).JPG

Bronze 18 inch Dalek (12).JPG

Both 18" Bronze with there lava lamp!  As for gluing those rear panels I went with clear silicone seal and only added a few drop points shown in the red dots in the back area just to hold the rear larger panels and a very small touch to the 2 smaller upper panels. After a day those panels are on nice and tight but can be removed easy for future repairs if needed.

Dalek Bronze Interactive 18 (2) 4.jpg

Dalek 18 inch Bronze (60) 3.JPG

Shown here is why those wheel sensors are needed in this 18" version as Dalek moves about in programmed format. Both part 1 and 2 done without the remote control. As video starts I release Dalek with press on button green light goes out so he can move freely.

https://youtu.be/iHSm_j4Pozk

Dalek Bronze Interactive 18 (18) sensors.jpg

It's apparent this is a labor of love. Not many would have the patience and drive to make all these intricate repairs. You have quite the Dalek army amassed! And working again.

Thank you. This project was sooo much fun and I have had a few friends stop over the house to see them in action. I started with 1 Interactive 18" Dalek and ended up with 3 Interactive Daleks now all in working 100% efficiency as stated by the Daleks. I even bought a 20"  Red/Gold Supreme since they are very rare/hard to find new and unopened. One thing I have learned about these is that even new in box never opened still sealed with factory tape its a 50/50 shot that it may not work due to the fact its been sealed away for almost 12 years and the gears and motors are frozen in time!

Dalek Bronze Interactive 18 (72).JPG

Dalek Bronze Interactive 18 (74).JPG

Dalek Supreme 20 inch (54).JPG

Dalek Supreme 20 inch (67).JPG

21 minutes ago, Jonydroid said:

What an amazing job you made, that´s a new robot there and looks fantastic, have a happy new 2019 

Thank you and also have a happy new year!