Robotos Robots On Display

Roboto

As the paint has dried needed to have parts set for 5 days for a hard finish I have begun putting the Geneticist Dalek together. The weather is just so bad with rainy days to windy days so the painting took time to make it right. Added a few photos of what the inside looks like as I assemble this Dalek. I also soldered the wires back on to the remote base and all is working fine.

DSC00800.JPG

DSC00805.JPG

DSC00807.JPG

DSC00812.JPG

• Replies 710
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Roboto

• Ultrarobotman

• Jonydroid

• Golddalek

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The ear bulbs are painted and added with the eye stalk. Also that very hard to take apart round locking outer collar is done and being added with those hidden screws.

DSC00819.JPG

DSC00820.JPG

DSC00823.JPG

Thank you. Here he is with the Orange Scientist version and the gang of 5 so far. In time that rare blue Strategist will be found and added to the collection. I have now started to repair the 2 worn/damaged boxes that arrived and soon the Scientist will have his and later on the green Geneticist will have his.

DSC00825.JPG

DSC00839.JPG

Thank you. I finished repairs for Orange scientist box and added the logos around the box. The scientist and geneticist were never made in this 13" scale version remote control.

DSC008566.jpg

DSC00851.JPG

Thank you. I have really enjoyed making these 2 versions of the 6 Paradigm Daleks happen. Most of the Daleks arrived new in box but a few I bought new with damaged box hoping I would be able to repair box. So far all is looking well but for the last box which will be a Challenge. I have repaired the inner box which turned out great and now for the outer box.

DSC00862.JPG

DSC00867.JPG

DSC00874.JPG

DSC008299.jpg

The outer box is finished had to make outer cardboard strips and then photo copy from another box the side front panels cut out the pattern and glue. All is now together along with a new front clear display cover sheet.

from a tattered box to a not so tattered box.

DSC00874.JPG

DSC00907.JPG

DSC00914.JPG

• 2 weeks later...

As my quest continues for that rare Blue Strategist Dalek new in sealed box I final had a chance to look for and buy from the UK a few larger 18" and 20" remote interactive Daleks  two new and sealed in box and one damaged in a damaged box. These were made in 2007 and 2008 and have become very collectible. They have many sensors and motors and over time the head and eye stalk have problems so I will have fun in the winter time as I take one apart.

Shown here is a video done in 2011 and hopefully mine will arrive in is working condition. I needed to see what they did and I was very impressed by the lights and sound. This is also the only time they were made with rotating heads and eye stalks with 2 motors and that lit front ray gun. They run on 4 D cells and 4 AA batteries. More on them as they arrive here in the states.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1OFyyB5bBPk

08-01-08_18-dalek2.jpg

Giant2.jpg

Supreme..jpg

Shown here are 2 Daleks that I have bought still new in box and one also has its original shipping box. They are big and need a handle on top to carry them home when they were up for sale in 2007/08. The Bronze is 18" tall and the Red Supreme stand at 20" the boxes are larger. Both should be here next week and hopefully arrive in great condition! I have been looking for these for over 6 months now and just waiting for the Holidays since a few will be up for sale and not cost an Arm and a Leg. When they first came out in 2007 they ran around $200.00 and now they are very collectible since not many are in great working condition and can run between $300.00 to $500.00 new in box.

d2.jpg

supreme.jpg

One of the 4 Giant Interactive remote control Daleks has arrived new in box and was unbox for the first time since 2008. Here he is with Robby and a 13" Dalek Supreme next to him for that size comparison of this 20" Supreme Dalek with weight at 10 pounds. Took almost an hour to unbox properly to save the wires that hold all together.

Dalek Supreme 20 inch (2).JPG

Dalek Supreme 20 inch (4).JPG

Dalek Supreme 20 inch.JPG

Dalek Supreme 20 inch (3).JPG

Here we have a rare look at the inside box of the 20" Dalek Supreme I left the plunger arm and ray gun on since taking the photo without the outer round clear plastic protector turned out great without that shine glare. These 20" Supreme Daleks are rare enough and hardly ever seen with its box and inner shipping holders which I will add later on. Character Options UK did a fantastic art print on this version.

Dalek Supreme 20 inch (15).JPG

Dalek Supreme 20 inch (7).JPG

Dalek Supreme 20 inch (6).JPG

Dalek Supreme 20 inch (8).JPG

Dalek Supreme 20 inch (13).JPG

Dalek Supreme 20 inch (9).JPG

Dalek Supreme 20 inch (11).JPG

A look at the inside packing material which is often just thrown away as this Supreme is quickly unboxed. The bottom holds the plunger arm/ Lit ray gun and aerial antenna for remote. Photos show how this Supreme has the attachments added on before loaded into box. I got lucky with this new in box Supreme Dalek since quite a few new in box did not work right once taken out they had problems and quite a few were returned to Character Options however those warranty options are long gone after 10 years yet there value has increased due to its size and detailed look. Also a look at the bottom that hold 4 AA batteries and 4 D batteries.

The last 2 photos show the Supreme Dalek inside box with that outer clear covered box on.

DSC01066.JPG

DSC01068.JPG

DSC01085.JPG

DSC01086.JPG

DSC01089.JPG

DSC01093.JPG

DSC01095.JPG

DSC01098.JPG

DSC01099.JPG

DSC01123.JPG

DSC01125.JPG