Robotoy75's Collection

robotoy75

Hi Dirk, thank you for your kind comments :blush: . I'm a big problem now i have no more place in my appartment (hum maybe the kitchen :closedeyes: but i think it's not a good idea!).

Alain

No Alain, definitely NOT the kitchen !!! (bad, bad idea... hehehe) I know your problem... How many robots can you get away with per square meter of apartment... Let's see... :rolleyes: Either you downsize your collection (sell all the big ones and buy TOMY little white-knob robots) and store them under your matress... or ... ask the Louvre if you can have a permanent exposition there between the Mona Lisa and the Egiptian artifacts... :lol:

No, seriously, I really empathize because I have the same problem (even worse, because my beloved is a university professor - so we have as much books in our place as we have toys...). So, you can pile up boxes untill the ceiling (which you did...) - store the not-so interesting empty boxes into the more interesting vintage ones... - and buy even more "vitrines" and display cases...

Good luck ! And great collection !

• Replies 663
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• robotoy75

• Roboto

• 6Stelab9

• Morbius

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

No Alain, definitely NOT the kitchen !!! (bad, bad idea... hehehe) I know your problem... How many robots can you get away with per square meter of apartment... Let's see... :rolleyes: Either you downsize your collection (sell all the big ones and buy TOMY little white-knob robots) and store them under your matress... or ... ask the Louvre if you can have a permanent exposition there between the Mona Lisa and the Egiptian artifacts... :lol:

No, seriously, I really empathize because I have the same problem (even worse, because my beloved is a university professor - so we have as much books in our place as we have toys...). So, you can pile up boxes untill the ceiling (which you did...) - store the not-so interesting empty boxes into the more interesting vintage ones... - and buy even more "vitrines" and display cases...

Good luck ! And great collection !

Hi Geoffrey, yes the Louvre, Orsay museum and Pompidou Center for a permanent expo :D

my problem, i'm interesting by all robots item (i'm a robot addict :blink: :lol: ) toys,books,gadgets,posters,furnitures etc...my apartment look like "a bric à brac" and my son Arthur is a collector too (star wars figurines)+(lego star wars,sponge bob,batman,indiana jones,harry potter,city etc...)ARRGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!! :blink: :D ;)

Alain

If your room is high enough - what do you think about a PLEXIGLASS CEILING for your boxes... :P ... I had those idea for a long time - but never realized it!

If your room is high enough - what do you think about a PLEXIGLASS CEILING for your boxes... :P ... I had those idea for a long time - but never realized it!

Hi Dirk, thanks for the idea,all my boxes are in my corridor on my bookcase and in my toilets :blink: :lol: (yes it's true).

Alain

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Great collection Alain. The Mechanic Robot is one of my favourites, lovely smooth walking action and the well engineered sounds it makes :D

Alain, that's a wonderful piece the Mechanic Robot, mine has the Japanese box as well.

Notice when in operation the lights/gears reflect off of the lower face area creating its own type of lightshow especially in a darkened room. Very nice to listen to and watch. Well made machine for sure.

Hi all, i received today this beautiful Mechanic Robot with Japanese box :), nice journey!!!

Alain

This one is on my wish list as well Alain, because it is one of the more "exquisite" (if not weird) designs of the Japanese toy-industry. Congratulations !

Hi, Michael, David and Geoffrey. I agree nice 70's design with flashy colors, smooth walking like Michael Jackson dance:lol: and big sounds like an alarm-clock:D.

Alain

Hi all, after Mechanic Robot, i received today this Piston Robot in very mint condition for 34 euros :blink: only with box. And one more robot in my collection, one yeah!!! :P ;)

Alain

post-631-1237406384.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Great addition Alain,,, This robot has allways been one of my favourites,,I remember buying one brand new in the 1970's for my kids ,so as far as I'm concerned it is a classic that has always been with me. :)

Robotoy75, that's the most reliable version of the Piston Robot, the Japanese manufactured one, much more so than the tin leg version from Taiwan with the (usual) split plastic pinion gear. Nice addition!