Alps Missile Robot

Nico

Note the number of teeth and shaft diameter and checkout slot car gears. There is a big variety of slot car gears available and one will probably suit your needs.  Since you are going through the trouble of repairing the robot you might as well do it right and replace the plastic gear with a brass one as suggested previously in this thread.

The thing is a brass gear would be difficult to fit without heating it up by some means, causing expansion of the metal, allowing it to slide onto the shaft and not everybody has the ability and confidence to do it without causing problems. A good quality gear like the Tamiya one I have posted about would be a much easier solution.  

I want to thank everybody for the valuable help, it s super cool to open my emails and receive all this help!! Amazing!! Thanx truly!!

I will go ahead and try with the tamiya gears, it's a good company and they build good products.

I will post pictures and a video of the working guy ;)

New issue with missile robot... The lamp that lights the missiles is has one of the ultra fine Cipet filaments broken, I tryed but is very almost impossible to weld back into place, anybody knows any place were I can buy one of those lamps, I went through my trash toys and I don t have a replacement...

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

You might be able to dremel away some of the white crap to expose more of the wire end, then scrape the wire end with a pointy exaxto blade and solder. If you work enough of the white crap lose you can sometimes get the glass lamp to come free of the metal case, then you can solder on a new wire and glue back in the case. You have nothing to lose at this point. Even if you get the glass bulb out and can not solder a wire too it then you could at that point glue in a grain of wheat lamp "very common" in to the metal holder.

Thank you bey much, I will try to do as you explaind, also I have to try how it works for a while before reassembling it back, you think those wheat rise bulbs have enough luminescence to lite the missile?

Thank you for your time robothut!!

• 4 years later...

Hi,

I am a new member here and I have a problem with the Alps Missile Robot. Anyone knows how the missile is pulled back to the body? I found an one inch spring fall out when I open up the body. I expect this may be the spring that helps to retract the missile. Which two ends are the spring connect to ? Anyone have related pics on this retracting mechanism?

Tintoycc