• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ranger

• Sparkrobot

• Andyman

• Morbius

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Wow !! Now I have to decide which is my BEST creation ??

This is WAY too much pressure, Spark !!! :blink:

OK, I'm not picking Radar because he is my favorite, per se, but because

he was the most complex I've done so far. The lighted tin head, rotating antenna,

spinning radar, flashing LEDs, and backlit EL screen were WAY more mods than I had

attempted with any of my previous builds, and all in one, too...So there is my pick.

post-130-1181796161.jpgpost1.jpg

Well, I'm almost reluctant to post anything that I have done, some were ok and some were, erm, not very good. I have done the Robby/Lillput conversion, Robby/Highwheel, Robby/R1, Mars Attacks/Spacewalkman, Spacewalk man/driver, Gunther and a few others. Looking at some of the robots already posted, well they are stunning and a hell of a lot of work went into them. There are some very talented people on Alpha, we all know who they are. I looked at the photos of the conversions I have dabbled with but surprisingly I have chosen the one that was the quickest and easiest to do. That said, even the late great Mr Gosses said to me in an email that he liked this one best of all, maximum effect with little work and I think he was right. I think almost everyone will agree the 'normal' Spacewalk man robot's face is a bit lame and the face lift seemed to work on him. The more I look at the robots face in the first photo the more it seem's to draw me in...weird. Although it came out as a blue when photographed in daylight without a flash, the true coulour is purple as can be seen in the other photos. I have other projects in the pipe line, hopefully they will get better! Xris, I thought you said you were no good at dabbling with robots? Your Mr Atomium is great!

post-331-1181810375.jpg

post-331-1181810386.jpgspacewalkman.jpgspacewalkman_3.jpg

spacewalkman_2.jpg

post-331-1181810406.jpg

Now this post is shaping up into what I knew it could look like,,,With just a few replies we pictures all in one place of some of the most fantastic 'one off' robots on this planet!!Plan3b,,,,,John Rigg loves those plasma screens as well,,love yours ,I think black was a good choice,,,,,,,,Robobob,,,The Green Giant,,Very impressive and unique..Ranger,,,,,,,It just shows what a small 'tweek' can achieve,,that head is a 1000 percent improvement on the original,,,Floridarobot,,,The detailing on the Johnny 5 is perfect.MilwaukeeMachineMan is a very talented individual,,,If he looks at this post maybe he can enter another of his creations... BTW Have you seen the other post Eagle submited ,with the idea for creating a robot using Dollar store bits .I've entered that one ,even I might be able to create a unique robot ,then I will show it here..If nothing else it should give you all a good laugh :blink: :P

The only 2 customs I have ever created.

Repainting the little pilots in the Mr Merc Head which was a chore.

Both are in one private collection now.

b3636d70.jpg

b38ff980.jpg

b3c16b30.jpg

b3e302d0.jpg

I'M DONE!!!!!

OK, let's go back to about 1977, while John Rigg was building his first life-size Robbys I was throwing this guy together (WITH DOLLAR STORE STUFF NONE-THE-LESS). Snow dome (dollar store) for the head, had to scrape all the paint off the inside, the Niagara Falls pic had to go...2 'Star Warrior' robots for his hips, styrofoam balls (DOLLAR STORE) for his legs, covered with DAS modelling clay. All the head innards were scratch-built, heart-box was piece of a coathanger.

This model was butchered for the next one......

post-298-1181872345.jpgCLAYROBBY.jpg

....Robby 2, using parts from #1 about 1982...little dolls' cases for head (DOLLAR STORE) Table tennis balls for legs, wooden bracelet for body, scratchbuilt head innards with some pieces stolen from #1, FIMO for his mouth tubes. He is now complete and I still have him! He's a little rough now but I'll fix him up soon. This pic was his original construction pic.

post-298-1181872379.jpgCLAYROBBY2.jpg

Ozzie and Morbius,,,Your early models show your passion for robots,,,I've built a few maufacturers kits in my time ,but nothing from scratch like you two have done.Skill and patience deffinately pays of..Morbius,I bet you are glad you at least have a photo of your first attempt....

This is Mr. Plex my second robot project. His guts are blinkagear. He has a robert the robot mouth, blinkagear eyes the ears are from a light bright set. The rest is all made from plexiglass and acrylic. Mr. Plex has eight actions, which include moving pistons in head, lihted pistons, moving arms and walking action, spinning antenna, gears in chest rotate, lighted chest and flashing eyes.

post-45-1182111084.jpg

post-45-1182111126.jpgplexside.JPG

plexhead.JPG

plexinside.JPG

plexbox.JPG

post-45-1182111152.jpg

post-45-1182111175.jpg

UM-1,,,,,,This is the Kind of originality that I love,,,,,,,,I can see you have put a lot of thought and effort into him,,and it's paid off !.......Have you thought of joining the DOLLAR STORE COMPETITION That's running on Alphadrome?...

UM-1 said:
This is Mr. Plex my second robot project. His guts are blinkagear. He has a robert the robot mouth, blinkagear eyes the ears are from a light bright set. The rest is all made from plexiglass and acrylic. Mr. Plex has eight actions, which include moving pistons in head, lihted pistons, moving arms and walking action, spinning antenna, gears in chest rotate, lighted chest and flashing eyes.

post-45-1182111084.jpg

post-45-1182111126.jpg

post-45-1182111152.jpg

post-45-1182111175.jpg

Mr. Plex truly is one great looking and unique custom robot, I like the use of many original parts and the box art too. I like.... it is nice.

Borat