Custom Robots,,,,show Your Best Creation

Sparkrobot

Before you read what my idea is please dont let modesty stop you from showing your stuff,,I'm sure I'm not the only one who would love to see your original robots..Even though I've started this topic ,as of yet I dont have any original one off robots to show,,but since I've been on Alphadrome,I've seen some of the best original robot creations on Earth,,now that's a big statement but I believe it to be true..The first two examples that come to mind are the completely different but equal genius of John Rigg and Andymans ,Andybots,We all know there creations are second to none ,,now there were other members recently that showed some of there original robots ,sorry but without looking back I cant remember there names,but I know I was truly impressed by there work,,what really got me going on this topic is the one by GRANDPA that's running now ,,I'm loving his work......So now the rules...

1.YOU CAN SUBMIT A PIECE,BUT THE ROBOT HAS TO BE YOUR OWN CREATION OR IT'S A PIECE YOU ACTUALLY OWN .

2.IF YOU ARE A ROBOT BUILDER YOU HAVE TO CHOOSE YOUR ONE FAVOURITE PIECE.

3.THE TOY MUST BE A ROBOT OR SPACE RELATED.

4.IF YOU BUILD ROBOTS BUT ALSO OWN OTHER ORIGINAL PIECES MADE BY SOMEONE ELSE ,YOU CAN SHOW ONE OF EACH.

I've put the picture of Grandads latest as an example of this great work and to get things rolling.

post_242_1181610054.jpg

post-540-1181677480.jpg

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ranger

• Sparkrobot

• Andyman

• Morbius

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Andy,,,,,John,,,,,,,Xris,,,,,,,Anyone! Dont be shy :blush: ,,show us your favourite of the moment......... ;) :)

um....I kinda already posted mine in another thread. You want me to do it again? I don't like hitting people over the head with my stuff, ya know what I mean? 😉

um....I kinda already posted mine in another thread. You want me to do it again? I don't like hitting people over the head with my stuff, ya know what I mean? ;)

Andy,,,The whole point of this post was to get a nice cross section of unique one of robot's all in one thread,,after I thought of the idea I realised it was going to be exacly as you just said,I assume the other 'Robot Builders feel the same..Personally you can hit me over the head with them all day long! ;) But not to make this thread a complete disaster,can you ,just for me please :( :) :P post Your favourite that you have made ,and if you own any one elses 'one off' creation that as well ..

Tell you what Spark, my favorite creation is always my lastest creation. Since the last one I made was Coppertop, here's a video of his hot innards. 😉

Copperbot demo video

Oh yes, and here's some pics for this thread's posterity.

post-231-1181759479.jpg

post-231-1181759489.jpgCoppertop_head_cu__4_sm.jpgCoppertop_5_sm.jpg

Andy,,,,,Thanks for breaking the ice,,I still think the other custom bot members will be to modest to show there creations,but I live in hope they prove me wrong and make this thread a work of Custom Art..BTW I love coppertop,I just watched the video,it was worth starting this thread to see that..What is going on in his chest,,is he on fire!!Brilliant...,,,,,I think you said in the other thread that he's the really big one,,,He must weigh a ton,are you starting to think big with your creations ?,,Maybe a 3 or 4 ft or life size or BIGGER robot!!,,think of all the big parts from machines and electrical goods you could salvage ;)

Spark, this isn't the first time I've gone big. Almost three years ago I made "Hobo". He's still at my office and everyone knows when I'm in because I turn him on when I come in and off when I leave. ;)

Hobo thread from 2004

😮 C'mon Sparko, my man ! How can you expect any parent to even think of having a favorite in his childs !!!!

But here's my first try at makin' a robot !!!

Supposedly, anyone in the world know of that pointed contraption designed by Gustave Eiffel in Paris, & so should everybody know of the ATOMIUM in Brussels : a gigantic materialisation of a carbon atom, made for the UNIVERSAL EXHIBITION of 1958.

At one time, in my very early collecting days*, when Mr Atomic was THE Graal, I tought I'd never ever be the owner of one, nor of a "Big Robby"; & I decided to help myself by making this guy.

Allow me to introduce : Mr Atomium !!!

Battery operated, the mini Atomium turns inside the lighted red dome !!!

Like Paul Simon says : Still crazy after all those years !!!

*About 1975 !

post-75-1181762881.jpg

post-75-1181762900.jpgPhoto_1251.jpgPhoto_1253.jpg

Photo_1254.jpg

post-75-1181763341.jpg

Tell you what Spark, my favorite creation is always my lastest creation. Since the last one I made was Coppertop, here's a video of his hot innards. ;)

Copperbot demo video

Oh yes, and here's some pics for this thread's posterity.

Great robot Andy. I enjoyed the vedio!

I knew when owners and makers of custom robots got behind this thread it would be a good one,,Already with Grandpa's piece that I started with and Andymans and 9tobor9 Xris's unique robots you can see the potentual of what it could look like to browse through,,so with that in mind and trying not to sound too 'pushy',,John Rigg and all other makers and owners of custom robots,,Please show us your best...... :) Xris a special mention on MR.ATOMIUM,I especially like his head with the Atom structure inside......Fantastic!!......

I am afraid that this robot doesn´t count Spark :lol: .

I´m just working on a new Horikawa style robot. But it´s not finished.

So I will post it on alphadrome sometime in the future.

post-544-1181771130.jpgrimg0012.jpg.jpg

Blech,,,,,,,,,Yea he does count,,,,,,,Thats the whole point of this post ,I mean ,No one else has a Horikawa robot like yours!! I remember the post where you showed how you brought him back from the dead :blink: Great stuff Blech 🙂

9tobor9- I love Mr Atomium! He looks like he could handle a hard day's work at the nuclear power plant, and then come home & do a load or two of laundry!

post-528-1181778672.jpg

This is a robot that Mike (MilwaukeeMachineMan) recently made for us.

The detail is amazing on this beautiful Johnny5. Needless to say he was quickly assimilated into our house of robots. Mike puts a lot of time and effort into these hand made pieces. I believe he's making a very limited run of these if you're interested in acquiring one for your collection

Johnny 5 was a movie our kids loved to watch when they were little. When my older son noticed him on the shelf today he said it was the coolest robot in my collection.

THANKS MIKE

post-528-1181778719.jpgP1040603.JPG

P1040600.JPG