THE MORBIUS COLLECTION

Morbius

MINTY complete card set!

Well Joe, found that elusive original instruction sheet for these guys...now...anyone have the blue "fight crowd" background in new condition that they MUST get rid of? LMK! ;) Bring it N/Mint to Botstock and maybe I'll trade you a robot item for it. ;) :P

post-298-1207175026.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Morbius

• Ultrarobotman

• Roboto

• 6Stelab9

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Fantastic collections!

I like the photos too!

I'm new to this robot collection, in fact I'm a newbie of 3 days only...LOL!!! :ninja:

Seeing all these robots makes me quite happy! :D

• 2 weeks later...

Beautiful site you have Astrogalaxy! *Altaira has Hermit Crabs as well, however they hibernate more than we see them, they have a heat-lamp and under-tank heater and all the things you say they should have, anything she can do to see them more? They're in a fair size reptile tank.

The majority of your robots all seem destructive in nature at first glance, Mike. Might I suggest they take up a soothing, relaxing hobby to bring doen their stress levels. Like smoking for example! God knows I was a lot cooler when I smoked. Really took the edge off everthing. LOL! Buy 'em all a couple cases of Newports each and watch things calm down. It's all good, trust me. ;) ..... :lol:

Pat, then they would all be part of the gang of 'neekoteen 'bots' wouldn't they? Maybe they'd prefer a little tea? :lol:

Actually I do prefer the TV robots to the violent fellas, but I suppose that after a hard day at the office punching keyboards and filing paperwork I just have to bust loose and shoot some rounds utilizing some D-cells!! :ph34r: :lol: We all have our vices!! :P

• 3 weeks later...

Hi everyone,

I have joined this forum in the hope someone can help me. I have been looking for a robot that i had when i was a child, i was really pleased when i saw a picture of it on this site! Its the white version of 'the atmotic robot tommy'. A while ago on ebay i found one that looked almost identical to the black one but it let out steam, i brought it but it wasn't the one i was looking for. The reason i am searching for it is i would love to hear its voice again, the black version i found on ebay talks but it is a different voice to one i had when i was a child. I am sure the white version shown earlier in this thread is the same version i had, i would be really, really grateful if someone could point me to some recordings of this robot talking, it would bring back some happy memories! Thanks .... :)

"I am the atomic powered robot...please give my best wishes to evvverrybody"!!! I believe is his phrase. He's in lockdown in a cabinet right now, next time he's released I'll give him a run. I think he also has some siren type sound-effects preceeding his lines. I picked him up about 1982. Could have been a Magic Mike in black that you picked up, they blow smoke and flash eyes and I believe have the same record in them.

Welcome, tavibo to Alphadrome!

Shouldn't be difficult for you to find one of these white versions, post an ad in the ADS section here on Alphadrome, someone may be able to help.

Hi Morbius,

Thanks for confirming his phrase, 1982? wow...i can remember playing with it so clearly. Yes, the one i have is a magic mike, it says that on its front. The words it speaks are the same however, it sounds different accent to the white. I'll post an ad and see if anyone might have a spare one, it was so nice just seeing a picture of it again after these years. Thanks for your help. :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

This was/is one of my all-time favourites.

Zeroids were my favorite toy when I was child. I managed to put together a nice set of all three, including Zogg with (fingers in the air making quotes ala Austin powers) his "laser" cannon.

post-722-1215996045.jpg

post-722-1215997153.jpg

Great set there Chalkof! Nice to see 'em in their cases and cards, makes them much more complete. My original Zobor I received at Xmas 1968 in the cardboard printed box and Zintar with his header card. The cardboard was the first thing to go on Xmas morning.

For those not familiar with these, they have karate-chop action which I had a ball with and 'bomb' throwing action where you'd draw the cup hand backward, push the opposite hand and they'd throw their 'bombs' an amazing distance.

post-298-1216007523.jpg

post-298-1216007568.jpg

Mike, love that Zogg! I don't think I have ever seen that one at a show. I had the take apart Alien in Mint condition in mint box. I've regretted selling it. <_<

Mike, love that Zogg! I don't think I have ever seen that one at a show. I had the take apart Alien in Mint condition in mint box. I've regretted selling it. <_<

Thanks! I've seen Zoggs around, but the "laser" seems to be very hard to find in one piece. The "laser" has a bulb in it that lights the plastic and creates a light pipe effect - Looks pretty cool. Zogg actually powers the "laser" from small screws in his hands that conduct to copper plates in the "laser". Sorry about the " ". But I just cant get the Austin Powers reference out of my mind .

I loved the Zeroid Alien also. I sold mine and have not found a nice replacement yet. I should just learn to keep my stuff.

Oh, BTW, my name is Carl not Mike (if you were referring to me in the Zogg reference). Have a good one!

Oh, BTW, my name is Carl not Mike (if you were referring to me in the Zogg reference). Have a good one!

• 1 month later...