THE MORBIUS COLLECTION

Morbius

Better than I remembered it, virtually NOS with fantastic gloss.  I don't recall my first one (c.1976) being this pristine.

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Morbius

• Ultrarobotman

• Roboto

• 6Stelab9

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have always liked this rocket, great shape and nice graphisms on litho and box. Your wife seems to always give you good advices regarding the hobby.

She does, advised me in the 1980s to keep the plastics...some I didn't and regretted it later.  As for the rocket I wasn't sure I wanted one back as I don't really collect rockets as such, however she saw me looking at a pic of one a few months ago and suggested I get another one when feasible.  I'm glad to re-add it as a vintage piece of her own.  She loves it.  As she has always said, "Resistance is Futile".

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Ultrarobotman, nice to have it back.  From what I understand it's the smaller version with the full-fitting slipover boxtop.  I believe from what I've heard there are maybe 5 versions including one with plastic wings.  One is good!

• 1 month later...

After many years of searching for another one of these, had a nice large box arrive quickly from 'The Dutch Caves'.  A terrific deal for sure.

Marco pretty much beamed this radio controlled robot across 6,000 km to be home again to replace the one I got for Christmas from Laurie back in '82.  We'd seen him on T.V. on the nightly news at 6, Laurie said "Let's go buy him" so we did, got him for Xmas that year. 

Cleaned house after last move, thinned out the collection including one of these a few months before I discovered Alphadrome.   

He's got some mean beeps and buzzes going on and great flashing eyes.

Thanks Marco!  Great dealing with you and having him back.

Alienb.JPG

Alien1.JPG

Thanks guys, it's nice to have him back.  In the '80s I thought he was sort of a 'Sir Galaxy' with his arms on his head, very different after all, he's a quirky fella.

Got a super deal from Marco, the price was perfect.  Packed impeccably by him for his 6,000 km journey across the planet.

giphy.gif

Sounds right!  This is my fave, had one other wired one silver, not the same.  I love this one from '82.   The radio control never worked that well from what I've heard (mine worked for about a year or two originally) so they added the wire remote later in production. 

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks!  Much appreciated and may be quite helpful thankyou, I'll print that up. 

I have a different remote with fewer buttons as I had in '82.

Colour brochure is still wanted!!  As you all know I must have all the original paperwork with my (and Kelly's) 'bots!

Thanks all!

alien22222.jpg.0080265c36d8f68ef2dd00048a1ff3b4.jpg