• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• robothut

• target

• duxastrogirl

• Andyman

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yes the white nipple (can we say Nipple?) is a push ON push OFF switch. and there is a spring antenna in the center top of the head.

all i can say is awesome!!!!! i always wanted to see the movement . this has been a fav of mine since i knew about it. - it maybe has the best box art ever.

thanks for the vid and the inside look.

larry seven said:
🙂 Amazing! What a great addition, Target! Now I have a question, theoretically, does anyone see any influences from other early robots in the design and manufacture of this robot? I mean, does it look like they bought a Zoomer in 1954 and copied the legs mechanism and went on from from there to start designing their own unique robot? Of course, the robot body is totally original and awesome! And the battery placement and container looks totally unique, but are there any similarities to any other period robots that this manufacturer may have been influenced by? -L7

They seem to have copied the Radar Robot rachet/wheels and leg design. The legs are a little wider but other than that a good knock off of the Radar design and the body was clearly from the movie Robot VS. the Aztec mummy.

Looking up all the pictures of this robot that I can find and there is a red version and a blue version (red feet, silver arms) then Marks Black with light blue legs, red feet and silver arms and then there is another blue body, black legs, sliver arms but with red claws. I'm not to sure about the last robot being origional as its tanks on its back are not the same as all the other versions so it might be a repair/repaint job. I am building one up and will use a modified repro radar robot gear box and legs. It has to be modified as the leg spread is much wider on the mexican robot. I will build the body from 26 gauge steel.

• 10 years later...

Here is a you tube of the robot in action taken from the old video file posted on my web site. Many of you may not have seen the robot or this thread so have a look as it might be my next 3d printed robot project.

OK it is now 2019 and I was going threw a old backup hard drive and found a boat load of Mexican robot repair images that you might enjoy. This was a silver version, you will see what I started with and how it cleaned up. Start off with some body shoots.

DSC08490s.jpg

DSC08491s.jpg

DSC08492s.jpg

DSC08493s.jpg

DSC08494s.jpg

DSC08495s.jpg

DSC08496s.jpg

DSC08497s.jpg

DSC08498s.jpg

DSC08499s.jpg

DSC08500s.jpg

DSC08501s.jpg

Feet and battery box.

DSC08502s.jpg

DSC08503s.jpg

DSC08504s.jpg

DSC08505s.jpg

DSC08506s.jpg

DSC08507s.jpg

DSC08508s.jpg

DSC08509s.jpg

DSC08510s.jpg

Light in the head and motor gearbox.

DSC08511s.jpg

DSC08512s.jpg

DSC08513s.jpg

DSC08514s.jpg

DSC08515s.jpg

DSC08516s.jpg

DSC08517s.jpg

DSC08518s.jpg

DSC08519s.jpg

DSC08520s.jpg

Love this robot. This is the first time that I have seen this thread or the video. This guy doesn’t walk. It struts with attitude. 😎 So cool John. Thanks for sharing.

Amazing result, knarly condition but what a difference afterwards.

Did the light bulb move ? or is it stationary at an angle?🤖