• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• robothut

• target

• duxastrogirl

• Andyman

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

post-2-1133545266.jpgYou have never seen a more primitive battery motor in a robot. The brushes are mounted about 1/2 inch away from the motor and its all open around them. The magnet outside the motor on the opisite side wraped in a copper sleeve.

post-2-1133545266.jpg

post-2-1133545719.jpgThe gears are a mix of old hard red plastic and metal. The motor has a red plastic pion gear on it the drives a steel crown gear. the crown gear is missing 1 tooth as you can see in the picture. I don't think the red plastic gear knoked off this missing tooth so I would bet the robot was made with this defect but the robot runs very smooth now so I guess it does not matter. I would have changed out the plastic gears but this is a rare robot and I feel that it should be kept as stock as possible. Same for the paint job. Sure I could have repainted the robot to look like new and even made a chest decal but then it would have been 100 % new paint right now it has more than 90% of the origional paint still intact and I feel this adds to the value of the robot. Had it been only 50 or 60 % origional paint left I would have concidered restoring it with new paint . Thanks again to Mark S NY for allowing me to share the pictures and video with you all.

post-2-1133545719.jpg

John, that's got to be the best 'walk' I've ever seen of a toy robot. Amazing! If only that walking action could be added to modern issues. Much nicer than the regular walking stride. He kinda looks like he's polishing the floor as he goes.

WOW!

It's hard to tell from the movie, but does the robot have the standard wheel setup with locking tab that locks wheel when foot moves backwards, or is it just flat underneath? That motor looks like a 3rd grade science project! LOL But still that is one impressive robot. It really does have an imposing walk. Thanks for the photos and movie John.

The robot is walking on a surface that is too smooth

I like the dial shaped shoulders, it gives his arms a look like there sweeping to and fro.simply wicked.

Thanks for posting the pics and video, John, it was

great to actually see this guy in action !!

I think part of what makes this robots walk unique is that the arms

seem to be moving at a different rate of cycle than the legs, rather than

tied together in lock-step....Kind of gives him the illusion of independent

movement. How is the arm linkage arranged in there...all I can see are a

couple old bent wires rubbing against a couple more old bent wires !