Ukraine War

Brian..

1 hour ago, Phil R said:

Andy, pity  the horse.

Phil, that is EXACTLY what I pictured after Andy wrote that, lol!
Awesome.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Roboto

• Eagle

• Andyman

• Martian Gil

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What do ya think Putin calls his "Disinformation Governance Board" ?  I wonder if it falls under His Department of homeland security ? 

• 2 weeks later...

Not quite. Though outgunned and outnumbered , they have held their own against the Commies. One tactic they have adopted is a defensive tactic of flying "Nap of the Earth". This is effective against Most of the Russian fighters except the latest. Their [Russians] look down shoot down technology is quite inferior. Most of the Migs and Su's can not use their phased array radar in a look down scenario. The radar can not distinguish between a bogey and ground clutter. Most Western fighter technology outclasses the Russians for the last 40 yrs. However by using this tactic the Ukrainians can't fly CAP [Combat Air Patrol]  over a defensive or offensive objective without Awacs support. Thankfully we have been providing that asset. Also,,seems the moral problem still plagues the Russian military ,, just like 20 yrs ago when a majority of their front line fighters were grounded because they had no brakes. The ground crews were drinking the ethanol based Brake Fluid.  I kid you not.

Screen Shot 2022-05-16 at 20.11.32.jpg

I think it is a fitting bit of urban legend/propaganda to boost Ukrainian morale. I'm sure there are many "ghosts" in Ukraine looking to be avenged.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

No kidding,,it's necked correct,,but I couldn't make out a rim. The oldest smokeless round still produced in the US. My 1912 model 1894. Has put tons of venison on the table for this family over the last 100 yrs. Not a good firearm for beginners. That Sear has to be kept spotless for safety.

model94.jpg

Nice!  I use a Winchester model 94 for the 30-30 rounds made in U.S.A. And I just picked this new version up with its side holster was on order from Henry USA for a few months. I was always fascinated with Steve McQueen as Josh Randall from Wanted Dead or Alive with his side arm called Mare's leg. The photo shown is the older version without the side gate mine has it. I hope to post a pic of this version soon with my 24" Bad Robot next to it. Off to the range next week I go with 240 grain 44 mags.

https://www.americanrifleman.org/content/wanted-dead-or-alive-s-mare-s-leg-how-effective-is-it-really/

H006GML_BB_Mares_Leg_Side_Gate_Hero.jpg

Henry big boy.jpg

wanted dead or alive (2).jpg

Henry still builds great arms. Like Thompson. Chuck Conners as the rifleman was all an 8 yr old could ask for. And McQueen..you can't think of him without the 68 Fastback. Here is something that might be of interest. About 5 yrs ago I was strolling the local shops in search of toys and robots..A clear ashtray on the top shelf catches my eye..The contents..Bunch of junk. Except two of these. So I bought the ashtray and contents for 3 bucks. Tossed the ashtray and other junk outside..But kept these. An early competitor to the Henry repeater. Won a huge battle for Custer when he was outnumbered 5 to one in Gettysburg against Jeb Stuart. So take an educated guess of the origin of this round. It's still a hot round..Lets hope the mercury fulminate has gone inert over the last 160 yrs.

Spencer2.jpg

Spencer1.jpg