Henk Gosses Chrono Robotman Pt 1

roboz

Oh man Oz, congratulations on this beautiful Henk robot!

I can still remember the day when we visited Henk and we were fascinated by Henk's Nixie clocks. Then Claus (hotbotz) said: "Hey Henk, would it be possible to build such a clock into a robot?" And Henk replied: "Is that just a (...stupid...) question or is it an assignment !?" And so this wonderful robot was born; but I think it took Henk over 2 years to get all the parts together and finish this fantastic piece! I'm not jealous, I'm not jealous ... 😉 😊

NIXIE_ROBOT_A.JPG

I can not copy the link for the thread on this build from 2005. but search for Henk Nike robot and you will find it.

I see Brain added Bump message but still nothing. Maybe it takes a few minuets to happen.

As far as running the Henk clock bot in the USA. You need a step Up converter. Its just a transformer that can step up the 110 VAC /120VAC in the USA to 220 / 240 VAC. . the cheep units "$20 bucks and less" do not seem to be very good and they are only rated in the 30W to 50W range. Since we do not know the wattage of the custom Henk power supply I say go over kill, get a 500W unit like this one.

Amazon.com: LVYUAN Voltage Transformer Converter 500 Watt Step Up/Down Convert from 110-120 Volt to 220-240 Volt and from 220-240 Volt to 110-120 Volt with US Outlet, Universal Outlet, Circuit Breaker: Electronics

The 60hz  and 50hz differences should not matter in this application.

71uBcqaaBVL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

13 hours ago, Dirk said:

I can still remember the day when we visited Henk and we were fascinated by Henk's Nixie clocks. Then Claus (hotbotz) said: "Hey Henk, would it be possible to build such a clock into a robot?" And Henk replied: "Is that just a (...stupid...) question or is it an assignment !?" And so this wonderful robot was born; but I think it took Henk over 2 years to get all the parts together and finish this fantastic piece! I'm not jealous, I'm not jealous ... 😉 😊

NIXIE_ROBOT_A.JPG

Thanks Dirk, 

It's a real privilege to acquire one of Henk's pieces 

in particular the special one offs like this 

8 hours ago, robothut said:

I see Brain added Bump message but still nothing. Maybe it takes a few minuets to happen.

As far as running the Henk clock bot in the USA. You need a step Up converter. Its just a transformer that can step up the 110 VAC /120VAC in the USA to 220 / 240 VAC. . the cheep units "$20 bucks and less" do not seem to be very good and they are only rated in the 30W to 50W range. Since we do not know the wattage of the custom Henk power supply I say go over kill, get a 500W unit like this one.

Amazon.com: LVYUAN Voltage Transformer Converter 500 Watt Step Up/Down Convert from 110-120 Volt to 220-240 Volt and from 220-240 Volt to 110-120 Volt with US Outlet, Universal Outlet, Circuit Breaker: Electronics

The 60hz  and 50hz differences should not matter in this application.

71uBcqaaBVL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

I ordered it John , was temped for the 5000 watt for no particular reason

Now just have to make sure I plug it in to the 'step up' side I guess 

3 hours ago, roboz said:

My feelings too Dirk. Every little detail down to the copper plating, dome light, and color scheme is beautifully crafted. Great find Oz!

• 3 weeks later...