New Mars Attacks figures

SERIOUSBOB

Most of us on this forum grew up in the late 50s early 60s when most of the toys we talk about here were available. In 1962 I'm sure a lot of us bought Mars Attacks trading cards from Topps. Well just about 60 years later there are 3 & 3/4 inch action figures made by Super 7 store in San Francisco. All the figures that Super 7 release are based on Kenner Star Wars figures form the 70s. That is to say somewhat limited articulation head/ neck, arms & legs & w/ limited accessories. For those unfamiliar w/ Super 7 they started by doing collector magazines about 20 years ago & have moved on to action figures, all done very well. The first ones they did was Alien. They acquired the molds from Kenner / Hasbro that the company never issued & are now a big success. Three figures to start & they're pretty damn cool.

d0fd731f-b39b-447c-be94-0f2dd76856ec.jpg

On 1/12/2021 at 8:46 PM, SERIOUSBOB said:

They are available now. As I mentioned, here's the store https://super7.com in San Francisco. You can order on line or by phone 415-374-7190. They're $18 each on cards. Have fun! I bought 30 of them.

Not the only fabulous figures from that Shop, thanks for the info!!!😺

https://super7.com/collections/movie-action-figures/products/metropolis-reaction-figure-maria-vac-metal-silver

Screenshot_2021-01-14 1607446665RE-Maria_Silver_Card_2048_2048x2048 jpg (immagine WEBP, 2048 × 2048 pixel) - Riscalata (63%).jpg

If you call them to place an order ask them about older releases. There are older versions from about 2 years ago for Maria robot. There is also the Metaluna mutant from 2 years ago. That character from the movie is the inspiration for Mars Attacks w/ the huge brain. They also did Planet of the Apes, Creature from the Black Lagoon, Alien & Alien(s), 'They Live' movie aliens & others.

18 hours ago, SERIOUSBOB said:

If you call them to place an order ask them about older releases. There are older versions from about 2 years ago for Maria robot. There is also the Metaluna mutant from 2 years ago. That character from the movie is the inspiration for Mars Attacks w/ the huge brain. They also did Planet of the Apes, Creature from the Black Lagoon, Alien & Alien(s), 'They Live' movie aliens & others.

Thanks, I visited their site: they have indeed some truly unique subjects, as the "They Live" ones!🙀😺

Was wondering in what condition the backing cards come in...do they take care in packing the figures; I think they look better on the card?

Excellent condition, every figure I have ever bought from them. They look great both ways. I mentioned I bought 30 of them, 10 each figure.

Way back when, when Kenner was making figures like this, they were nicknamed inaction figures because of the limited movement.  They were designed that way on purpose.  Kenner figured that if the figures had limited movement, then the children would quickly become bored with them, and would bug their parents for a new figure.

David.