Sign in to follow this  
Brian..

Dan Dare Water Jet

Brian..

An auction sighting from Gilbert. He writes:

"Wow, It’s in the database, but I never thought that was so expensive. Definitively not for my collection"

lonestardandareaquajetraygun15112020_20.jpg

lonestardandareaquajetraygun15112020_20b.jpg

Brian..

For us Dan Dare collectors that was an amazing auction. There's only one other boxed one documented and that seems to have a partial box. 

If you add in the Lone Star enthusiasts and the space gun guys then that accounts for the price. 

The stuff of dreams. 

tikidoc

I was following that auction, my jaw dropped at what it sold for. It is absolutly beatiful in that color! You are correct Brian that is the stuff of dreams.

Joe K.

539842328_dandarewaterjet.JPG.a1c94db47b5a66e9b9d10a1c6c109d99.JPG

Brian..

This is the well-known image from the Toyraygun site.  It's a partial box but, until this auction, the only known picture.  

This version appears to be silver with a red trigger. There's a definite purple tinge in it. A trick of the light?

DAN_DARE_AQUA_JET_GUN_-_LONE_STAR_-_ENGLAND.jpg

Brian..

I didn't want to tempt fate until this beauty was firmly in my hands. It finally arrived. The owner was too frightened to post it so he drove 200 miles to deliver it to me in person.  I genuinely believed I'd never find a boxed example. Many years ago I located a loose one in a collection of auction bits. 

I have not revealed the price to my wife for fear of grievous bodily harm. But she said that if the guy drove 200 miles to deliver it I must have paid well over £100.   

Yes, dear. 

6Stelab9

Congratulations Brian. I hope your wife will forget about it before she decide to investigate about the real price.

tinluver2

Congrats Brian! Big deal do dishes for life?

Roboto

What a fantastic addition!!

tikidoc

Congratulations Brian! Your addition came in the perfect color!

Ranger
19 hours ago, Brian.. said:

I didn't want to tempt fate until this beauty was firmly in my hands. It finally arrived. The owner was too frightened to post it so he drove 200 miles to deliver it to me in person.  I genuinely believed I'd never find a boxed example. Many years ago I located a loose one in a collection of auction bits. 

I have not revealed the price to my wife for fear of grievous bodily harm. But she said that if the guy drove 200 miles to deliver it I must have paid well over £100.   

Yes, dear. 

That’s why I will keep in touch with your better half Brian. I would happily pay her £300 for it! 😂🍻

RoboCopy
On 11/28/2020 at 2:20 PM, Brian.. said:

I didn't want to tempt fate until this beauty was firmly in my hands. It finally arrived. ...  I genuinely believed I'd never find a boxed example...

congrats Brian 

Andyman

Nice early Christmas present, Brian. For the next ten years! 😉

Congrats, it's a beautiful piece. 🙂