1968 The Green Slime

Ultrarobotman

So,has anyone ever see the 1968 sci-fi movie, "The Green Slime"?  I am watching it right now and has a lot of cool rocket/space scenes and sounds. Not even comparable to the 1956 "Forbidden Planet" we all love, but a neat film. I would personally consider the acting on the cheesy level but fun to watch. Comments, anyone?

On October 12, 2020 at 4:38 PM, Ultrarobotman said:

So,has anyone ever see the 1968 sci-fi movie, "The Green Slime"?  I am watching it right now and has a lot of cool rocket/space scenes and sounds. Not even comparable to the 1956 "Forbidden Planet" we all love, but a neat film. I would personally consider the acting on the cheesy level but fun to watch. Comments, anyone?

Ultrarobotman, I happened upon a Belgian movie poster for The Green Slime in an unrelated search on eBay. Haven't seen the movie, but if the poster is any indication it looks like fun!

image.jpeg.106405a6e4884db9924fd68dba3858f6.jpeg

I saw it on TV when i was a child and I liked it very much. I still like it, it's a generous movie in entertaiment,  fun and SFX. One of my cult  films

I love this movie.  I saw it at the cinema when it was first released.  One of the things I noticed, even at 11 years old, is that EVERYBODY in the movie, makes the wrong decisions.  They're often the logical decisions, but under the circumstances, they are the wrong ones.

I also love Robert Horton's character, he was a real S.O.B., and for good reason.  He had one job, saving the Earth and a limited time to do it.  And anything that interfered with that job was an obstacle to be removed.

David.

This version sold out fast! cost at time was $100.00

Green Slime Diorama Model Assembly Kit!

A group of astronauts set out to stop a giant asteroid on a collision course with the planet Earth. They land on the asteroid, plant explosive charges and destroy it. Afterwards they return to the staging area, a space station called Gamma 3 in orbit around the Earth. Unfortunately, a scientist from the mission has unwittingly carried a luminous-green substance on the leg of his spacesuit which quickly mutates into one-eyed, tentacled monsters with the ability to discharge lethal bolts of electricity. The Gamma 3 crew fend off the alien creatures with their laser-based weaponry, only to discover the creatures feed off the energy which, in turn, allows them to multiply rapidly, sprouting the new creatures from their blood. As the creatures overrun the station the crew continues to fight back against overwhelming odds.

Now modelers can build and paint this obscure sci-fi model of Green Slime & the astronaut, includes detailed base,sculpted and created by Dan Christlieb.

green-slime.jpg

Also released early this year!

Monstarz reveals it’s next classic Sci-fi retro release: “The Green Slime” from the 1968 Italian, U.S. Japan collaboration Sci-Fi classic!

After destroying a giant asteroid heading towards Earth, a group of scientists unknowingly bring back a strange green substance that soon mutates into a monster. THE GREEN SLIME!

The Green Slime alien features:

Poseable arms

Rotating tentacles

Approx 3.75in tall.

Figure display base.

Fantastically packaged on a retro styled card.

Limited to only 1000 pcs.

This figure is priced at $19.99 

gs15.jpg

unnamed-4-816x612.jpg

Cool, I always wondered what pop culture gem this song connected back to. This is a cover of the theme song by the Fuzztones, one of my favorite contemporary bands still working the rich vein of sixties garage music. I am watching the film now and thoroughly enjoying it, thanks Ultrarobotman!

Glad you liked the film, AR, and what a perfect trade-off, now you have me listening to the Fuzztones on Youtube! Some material they have is perfect for Halloween. Thanks, Action Robot!!

Man, that movie has everything I love in a Saturday matinee movie...rubber monsters! Cool miniatures! Ridiculous costumes! Giant plot holes, reinforced by poor decision-making! Add in the bonus hot sixties chicks with fabulous hair doing the groovy dances, and the spectacular garage psychedelic theme song, and I give it two electric tentacles way up!