Repro Parts Library: Robothingybank

Brian..

Brian, the only dimension I can be sure of is the opening A. That measures a tight 12 MM, and a tight 15/32 " . Is that enough for the rest of the scale? The wall thickness of the gun seems to be 1.5 MM Perhaps we can ask Tinplate( Brady) to measure his.

This is the best I can do by eye, Phil.

There's a single piece version and a split version. The split version gives a more convincing seam if the original was molded in two parts. The extra plug is designed to make fitting it easier, but may need fine tuning. 

STOPPER.jpg

Here's a completed hand for a Television Spaceman / Cragstan Great Astronaut. Again it comes as two pieces which when glued together give a more authentic seam. It's a surprisingly intricate design. 

TV SPACEMAN HAND2.jpg

TV_SPACEMAN_HAND.stl

5 hours ago, Brian.. said:

Phil, can you make an educated guess about the dimensions of that back plunger for the Planet Police Jet Gun? It's another easy shape that I can probably make. 

Planet Police Jet Gun.jpg

Planet Gun.jpg

You had to pick this one Phil, it was mounted the highest up on my wall.

Ok...here we go...all measurements are 16ths of an inch (sorry Brian, I don't do metrics).

a = 7/16  outside dimensions (inside opening is 4/16)

b = 9/16  Note: Section "b" is not straight, it's conical for a snug fit, and opens out to 8/16 inch diameter towards barrel "c".

c = 4/16  Note; barrel "c" is ribbed, vertical ribs are evenly spaced about 5/16 apart.

d = 2/16

e = 3/16

f = 6/16  BTW...this piece appears to be rubber.

Have fun.

Brady, is the black end cap flexible? It appears like the bullet  items in the picture.. Is that whole  yellow unit hollow.? If it is hollow did you look inside? OK, I just discovered there is a ridge  about 1/2" inside the end of the gun where the bullets would probably fit snug inside and be released with the air pressure from the bulb.

Also Brian shouldn't the back wall where the black section is be completed?

jet gun.jpg

Phil, the end knob is solid rubber material, it can be pressed into the plastic collar,  but it stops before the entire knob can be pressed all the way in.

The yellow plastic part is completely hollow inside.

Thanks Brady, that will do the trick. I didn't realise that the end piece was conical, but that makes life easier. I haven't worked in sixteenths of an inch for forty years. Fortunately Ranger sent me a conversion table without me even asking. 

Phil, this won't be a working component, just a cosmetic fix. The end is open so you can either add a rubber plug, or glue on the plastic one. I'll post the STL file later today or perhaps just print one off. 

This thread is getting chaotic so I'll make a Robothingybank forum where parts will be easier to add and locate. 

Brian, this repro part library is a wonderful and generous idea. I think that will make me consider to buy a printer  before the end of a the year. It will seem more easy to me if i can start by printing small and usefull parts. 

So here are my suggestions for some repro parts that I would need (and I hope  others would):

-battery cover for all the Hong Kong stormtrooper knock-off and relatives (I can provide photos)

-battery cover for Saturn robot and relatives (I can provide photos)

- battery cover for laughing robot (yonewaza)/ Kike robot hablador (clim) (I can provide photos)

- antenna for the super space commander ( stormtrooper knock-off and copie of the SH space explorer)

-antenna for the new space explorer and the radar robot (SH)

- Missile (in two part) for the saturn robot, space commander etc.) (I can provide photos)

- antenna for planet explorer (Masudaya)

-antenna for the USSR moon rover (луноход-з)

That's all 😁

I designed a very simple battery cover for a Horikawa Video Robot, the STL file is attached. It just simply fits over the battery box at back and its dimensions are: Length (mm): 57.2, Width (mm): 60, Height (mm): 5, Total Volume (cu mm): 17160. The finished thing is shown in the two attached photos....

BE3EA9C8-7436-4716-B827-E643E379BB10.jpeg

6B05B938-CB91-40F1-A6FD-66D1C02E52A3.jpeg

Battery cover.stl

2 hours ago, SAL said:

I designed a very simple battery cover for a Horikawa Video Robot, the STL file is attached. It just simply fits over the battery box at back and its dimensions are: Length (mm): 57.2, Width (mm): 60, Height (mm): 5, Total Volume (cu mm): 17160. The finished thing is shown in the two attached photos....

Thank you SAL, it will be certainly very usefull

• 5 months later...

This is the first post of a total noob here...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZOzO_8Z04RQ is an Anycubic upload that is largely ignorable, but at 50 minutes in they start showing off their new lineup. At 1:18 they show their new 3D scanner, which could be of great use here. It's the same as the Phiz which has demoes etc. on Kickstarter and Indygogo. They also show a metal printer but I don't know if it can print useful gears and cogs, etc.

I think I'm gonna like it here- one of the first threads I opened identified Barbarella's pistol- one trip to eBay later, I owned a copy!

• 7 months later...

My first contribution the classic missing missile for Horikawa, Kamco and many other plastic robots. Update: take a look to the dedicated thread.

• 7 months later...

A few of my designs; Kamco Missile, Roto-robot Battery Box (next to original that was destroyed), and those notorious Green switches all printed in resin (used transparent green for the switches)

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg