Coronavirus And Collecting

Brian..

Pregnant women may be at risk, but it's unknown territory.. Because of the uncertainty it's better to be safe than sorry and they have to be included in the vulnerable group.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RoboDerby

• Brian..

• Fineas J. Whoopie

• Ranger

On 3/25/2020 at 12:39 PM, Brian.. said:

Just talked with Marco and he's the only one in his family who's not sick. Here's wishing you all the best, Marco.

Thoughts also go to our fellow collectors in Italy and Spain who are going through the bad times as I write. 

One of the many maddening parts of all this is that the ordinary types of flu and colds are not closed for business. let's hope that is what is meant by Marco's family being sick.

Godspeed Marco. 

Thoughts are with yo and your family Marco. 

Everyone stay safe and wash wash wash your hands frequently. I know someone who is working in the highest case hospital in NYC - the stories are not pretty. 

Hi everyone

Justheard our Prime Minister Boris and the Health secretary have both got it.Boris in my opinion has been great and showed a national strength that inspires you to listen.

I am very sorry to hear about Marco's family.

Marco my sincere best wishes for a speedy recovery to all your family.

You guys in the US please take this virus Very seriously.

All the things they keep drumming down our ears here are really So important.

Wash yours everytime you can . The hand sanitizer is great or anteseptic wipes.

This Corona virus sticks to plastic up to 4 days.

There's evidence now your post could be contaminated so if the mail doesn't look that important leave it a few days before opening it.

Stay at home if you can and if you have to shop abide by the 2 metre 6 foot distance apart rule.

It can travel through the air so that's why the distance rule is so important.

My wife and me are now cutting ourselves away from any outside contact.

Skype and WhatsApp is how we talk to our loved ones now.

Make sure you do stock up on essentials but don't panic buy it causes shortages.

People over here now are struggling to order food online and if you have high risk elders or family with respiratory issues you really can't risk going out and potentially bringing into your home.

I hate coming across like I know it all and you lot don't but that's not my intention at all.

I just want all my Alphadrome friend's to get through this and stay safe.😔

I can't do it ! I can't stay out of Home Depot for Days ! When I leave the house I'm sporting rubber gloves a mask and a spray bottle of lysol. I leave the bottle of lysol in the back of the truck. When I come out I grab the bottle ,,soak my gloves,,while they are wet I rub down the bottle,,spray the bottom of my boots , then get in the truck and initiate the same routine. Been spraying down the incoming mail for 2 weeks, then 1 min in the microwave. The mask go into Clorox  rinse and then set out to dry..I doubt it will work,,because sooner or later you accidentally breach your own protocol. But years of quarterly Biological warfare training might be paying off. 🤗 Spark,,Boris rocks !  

Mark . That's the thing.

We have a big garden and we have driven around parked up and stared out at the sea.

My wife and me will continue like this until it could go into total lockdown like in Italy and Spain.

Anyway the hygiene regime you are following it sounds like you've got it down, but Mark mate please no physical contact with anyone outside of your household family, even our delivery people keep well back leave the goods and no signatures.

Speak later

Steve

I'm noticing a definate "jones" for a new addition that I may not be feeling now if it were'nt for the virus situation. OK, so I have no business spending any money on collectibles right now, but I feel the desire overiding economic concerns and I believe it is the result of cabin fever. Let's see if this type of effect becomes widespread. 

25 minutes ago, Fineas J. Whoopie said:

I'm noticing a definite "jones" for a new addition that I may not be feeling now if it weren't for the virus situation. OK, so I have no business spending any money on collectibles right now, but I feel the desire overriding economic concerns and I believe it is the result of cabin fever. Let's see if this type of effect becomes widespread. 

I'm feeling it too, not a lot of joy in my life right now and thinking a parcel with a much desired robot or space toy inside arriving at my front door would really cheer me up, as it is all that has arrived recently is hand sanitizer, digital thermometer and yeast to make some bread, yes also a shortage of yeast here in the UK.

1 hour ago, MetalRobotHead said:

I'm feeling it too, not a lot of joy in my life right now and thinking a parcel with a much desired robot or space toy inside arriving at my front door would really cheer me up, as it is all that has arrived recently is hand sanitizer, digital thermometer and yeast to make some bread, yes also a shortage of yeast here in the UK.

I went to the store early in the morning yesterday. They actually had just put out a case of hand sanitizer with a sign one per customer. That "score" feeling came over me. Truely bizzare times.