• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RoboDerby

• Brian..

• Fineas J. Whoopie

• Ranger

9 minutes ago, robothut said:

Brian I am a fan of a little group called Robot Raven. Ever here of them ?

https://robotraven.com/

Personally this is my favorite, recently added to my music library. Actually John, at one point, I was considering suggesting using a sample from one of the songs as the sound for the Trash Master.

https://music.apple.com/us/album/rigged-original-songs-from-the-decade-of-delirium/924232717

My other go to band is a cover band called P.O.M. , you must have heard of them, the main member of Robot Raven was in it.

My one anecdote was hertbreakig. I was in the supermarket yesterday which has some areas of clear shelves but nothing like the pics posted by MRH. Milk was one item they were out of. I passed by an older couple - Him -"There isn't any milk" Her - "well, we will just have to take what we can get". If I had a milk I would have given it to them. 😰 This is some cruel stuff.

I'm with Golddalek 100%.  What a hyped up mess they have created. My broker contacted me today,,,He went on and on and on,,how gold is down. Tbills are useless,,cash is king..Jimmy,,,it's OK I'm not going to lynch myself [yet]. I have been thru this so many times in the past,,The savings and loan bust, the the tech bust, 911, the sub-prime crash....but this one beats them all. It's as if it's a self fulfilling wish of the media and has spread around the world faster than the Virus..At the end of the conversation I told Jimmy...Antique toys, Race Boats, Motors, hotrods and airplanes are up !! If things go to hell,,I have a great bugout location just waiting. An adventure a challenge ...and if your sitting on liquidity a great opportunity ..The down side,,I'm in the most vulnerable group,,so I have to err on the side of caution or the adventure could end in an untimely demise. 

6 hours ago, Golddalek said:

2015, nearly 634,000  people died of heart disease.

2017,  600,920 cancer deaths. 

85 homicides in Chicago in 2020...so far.

This would be a compelling rational except for the fact that this Corona virus has only existed since December and is a contagious infectious desease unlike Cancer or heart disease. Not apples to apples at all. 

It's completely up to any individual how seriously they take the virus, but remember if an induvidual is wrong it will not only put them at greater risk but also their friends and family who will be affected foremost by their disbelief. Who wants to be at the deathbed of a family member wondering if they could have had an impact by taking the threat more seriously? I sincerely hope none of us is ever in that position.

7 hours ago, MetalRobotHead said:

:thumbs: Not sure about it being pretty :biggrin:

I was in York yesterday, and for the first time in my memory there was no queue waiting to get into Betty's Tea Shop, amazing. 

No hand sanitizer anywhere apart from shops for use by customers, good job I know how to wash my hands with good old soap and water for 20 seconds.

What ,,,, no queue outside Betty's. Well that in itself is enough to panic me 😱

Brian your gonna miss some bargains at NEC.

So, it looks grim, fellas...Walmart is indeed a bit thin in the grocery department.

Now, Chambersburg is kind of small for a PA town, and I still see a lot of cars passing by. Dunno.

As for collecting...eBay works for me, but that is all for naught if the postman won't deliver the goods.

Our posties in the U.K. won’t let you sign for any parcel yourself anymore. They have to do it themselves. Understandable as many people will handle the hand held delivery device. Not good if you have to have proof of someone’s signature but there it is. 

Parcels from Italy and Spain are trapped in the system. The tracking has just stopped updating.

The supermarket today was unbelievable - shelf after shelf stripped of food. My son's working from home and my wife and daughter have been instructed to stay indoors for the next twelve weeks. 

so I am now torn, I was slow to list my extra robots on eBay, and  wonder

1 - do I wait for this to all blow over, because who in their right mind would be bidding on robots at a time like this, or

2 - will there be so many bored shut ins with nothing to do that bidding on robots will be frenzied and wild?

maybe test the waters and use a reserve price.... hmm  

We've been told to be telework ready by tomorrow, so I suspect the announcement will come on Friday to stay home until when ever it is deemed proper to return, but really, I'm more socially distanced at work, than I would be if I were at home.

and the Mrs. just went to the market to pick up some groceries this morning and said many shelves empty.

so its the same out here in rural Nebraska as it is in the bigger cities.

Last night Teonia and I went to the grocery store for some apples..There were lots of apples but everything else was wiped out. The meat section consisted of prime cuts of beef and hundreds of lbs of corned beef [St Patricks ] One thing about this hoarding thing..You can look on the shelves and see what People DON"T like. Today I read that 8000 people have died worldwide..So I looked up world population..It stands at about 8,000,000,000. That's 8 Billion. So using a simple mathematical proportion ,,the death rate stands at 1 ten thousands of 1 percent..1/10,000 of 1% ..So that's a simple non political observation of the scope of things as of today..Someone double check my math,,,,Tht's a lot of zero's. 🤔