Rex Mars Helmets Repurposed for Crescent & Manurba Figures

space.trucks

The prospect of where to get replacement helmets for my Crescent Kellogg's guys has been driving me nuts. Love the forms but knowing they're missing ... Just happened to have one out with some recast Rex Mars helmets on the desk and what do you know. Snug fit with no pressure on the nose when going over the head. With round helmets they look sort of like they're wearing those Nostromo space suits from Alien. One green guy's head is too wide for the neck and the crouching dude looks odd so it's not a cure-all, and then of course they'd always be the wrong helmets. But they're helmets. Was encouraged enough by the results to also try fitting helmets from the larger 3 inch / 70mm Rex Mars recasts onto Manurba figures who also are in the same boat: Incomplete without em, and where to get replacements. Their suit collars are the same width as the helmet neck so there's no "fit" but it works well enough for pix. Maybe an extra ring of a colorful poster putty around the base of the helmet to keep it snug and they're good to go.

01IMG_7929.jpg

02IMG_7923.jpg

03IMG_7906.jpg

I'm good with this.

IMG_7899.jpg

Poor green dude's head is too wide so it's not a 100% solution.

IMG_7908.jpg

... Better than nothing, maybe.

IMG_7910.jpg

Awkward.

IMG_7916.jpg

And if anyone does know where to get replacement Crescent & Manurba helmets give us a shout.