Who Built your VIntage Robot ?

roboz

I am still amazed that post war Japanese toy manufacturing was a cottage industry. Although parts were stamped out in a small factory the actual assembly was done by hundreds of people mostly at home or in small shops.

9 hours ago, robert said:

I am still amazed that post war Japanese toy manufacturing was a cottage industry. Although parts were stamped out in a small factory the actual assembly was done by hundreds of people mostly at home or in small shops.

Wonderful photos. Not so different from what Metal House was doing up until a few years ago. They had their own stamping machines, dies, and a small number of employees in-house performing assembly. 

Oz Brilliant archive photo's.

Maybe we could have a separate toy robot history thread or forum.

I know we have the extensive timeline but I was thinking something lighter with plenty of pics.

Sorry Brian as if you don't have enough things to do.🤖

That is something I never even considered since being in the hobby, who made my robots, and even more mind-boggling to me is that they may very well still be alive. Disappointed in myself for not thinking of it on my own.

On 11/19/2019 at 4:48 PM, robert said:

Hi Robert! Yes great to see these pictures; most of the work had been made by worker ants at that time. 

I know that in China or HK most of the work really took place at home. But these pictures show the small manufactures in Japan.

Maybe Gernot can also share some pics here - I know that he visited Marumiya / Metalhouse for many times...

In the 50s and 60s most companies in Germany also worked like that. The parts always had been pressed and stamped with the help of machines but

most of the work had to be done by many little hands.  Pic no. 4  I had in my archive before and it says: SHOWA ? 

BTW Great pictures that popped up on FB. Great to share them also here OZ!

• 2 weeks later...